Northern Maine Community College
- Northern Maine Community College provides career and transfer programs that lead to associate degrees or certificates. The students served have an opportunity to develop as individuals and to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for employment or for transfer to a senior college or university. The college assists in economic and human resource development by offering programs of study, courses or seminars to employed individuals, specialized training to attract business and industry, and various community interest courses or seminars.
- Enrollment: 829 students
- In-state tuition: $2,820
- Out-state tuition: $5,640
- Acceptance Rate: 90%
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 34%
- Source: Verified school update
Northern Maine Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Maine for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Early Childhood Education Club, EMS Association, eSports, Game Club, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, SkillsUSA, Student Nurses Association, Student Senate, Wind Power Club
- Northern Maine Community College was established in 1961, and the first class entered the college in 1963. Today, NMCC impacts over 2,000 students annually through various programs. More than 8,500 graduates are now meeting employer needs throughout the state, the nation, and abroad. Thanks to the support from business and industry throughout the state, NMCC is proud to have more than 250 individuals serve on advisory committees for our various programs. This ensures that NMCC's programs provide the most relevant, technically advanced information required in their industry. The College has earned the reputation of a top-quality educational facility. We have a quality institution with a goal of achieving excellence in service both to our students and to the communities we serve. Your involvement with us will challenge you and provide you with opportunities to grow. Whether you are looking for an associate degree, certificate program or customized training for your business or yourself, you will find that NMCC's programs, courses and training will expand your knowledge as well as challenge your thinking. At NMCC, more than 30 programs of study are designed to enable you to enter the work force with technically-current skills and to prepare you for lifelong learning and upward mobility. Ninety-seven percent of our graduates are employed within six months of their graduation in real jobs or are continuing their education for a bachelor's degree. Our associate's degree will allow you to enter your chosen job market with confidence or to continue on to a baccalaureate degree.