Northern Maine Community College
Northern Maine Community College Photo #2 - Our newly renovated and fully-equipped fitness center is available for all students! Stay healthy!
Northern Maine Community College Photo #3 - Check out our new ambulance! Students in the EMS program will have access to the latest technology as they complete our program.
Northern Maine Community College Photo #4 - Going to college is a big step, but our faculty and staff are dedicated to helping you achieve your goals for success.We have an academic success center, on campus counseling services, academic advisors, and a friendly, close-knit campus community. We are here for you - every step of the way.
Northern Maine Community College Photo #5 - Graduation - get there sooner with our 9 month certificate programs or two-year associate degree programs.
Northern Maine Community College Photo #6 - We look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful campus!
Northern Maine Community College Photo #7 - Check out our transportation trade programs: Auto Collision Repair, Automotive Technology, and Diesel Hydraulics! Plus - our Commercial Driving Academy.
- Northern Maine Community College provides career and transfer programs that lead to associate degrees or certificates. The students served have an opportunity to develop as individuals and to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for employment or for transfer to a senior college or university. The college assists in economic and human resource development by offering programs of study, courses or seminars to employed individuals, specialized training to attract business and industry, and various community interest courses or seminars.
The teacher population of 40 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Northern Maine Community College||(ME) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||40 staff||65 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Early Childhood Education Club, EMS Association, eSports, Game Club, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, SkillsUSA, Student Nurses Association, Student Senate, Wind Power Club
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Northern Maine Community College was established in 1961, and the first class entered the college in 1963. Today, NMCC impacts over 2,000 students annually through various programs. More than 8,500 graduates are now meeting employer needs throughout the state, the nation, and abroad. Thanks to the support from business and industry throughout the state, NMCC is proud to have more than 250 individuals serve on advisory committees for our various programs. This ensures that NMCC's programs provide the most relevant, technically advanced information required in their industry. The College has earned the reputation of a top-quality educational facility. We have a quality institution with a goal of achieving excellence in service both to our students and to the communities we serve. Your involvement with us will challenge you and provide you with opportunities to grow. Whether you are looking for an associate degree, certificate program or customized training for your business or yourself, you will find that NMCC's programs, courses and training will expand your knowledge as well as challenge your thinking. At NMCC, more than 30 programs of study are designed to enable you to enter the work force with technically-current skills and to prepare you for lifelong learning and upward mobility. Ninety-seven percent of our graduates are employed within six months of their graduation in real jobs or are continuing their education for a bachelor's degree. Our associate's degree will allow you to enter your chosen job market with confidence or to continue on to a baccalaureate degree.
Profile last updated: 08/04/2020
The nearest community college to Northern Maine Community College is Washington County Community College (110.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 491 students | 110.20 MiOne College Drive
Calais, ME 04619
(207) 454-1000 110.20491
- 2,396 students | 133.60 Mi354 Hogan Rd
Bangor, ME 04401
(207) 974-4600 133.602,396
- 207 students | 136.70 Mi99 Farm Road
Bangor, ME 04401
(207) 947-4591 136.70207
- 2,473 students | 163.90 Mi92 Western Ave
Fairfield, ME 04937
(207) 453-5000 163.902,473
- 503 students | 183.50 Mi475 Lisbon Street
Lewiston, ME 04240
(207) 333-3300 183.50503
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.