North Shore Community College
- North Shore Community College is a source of hope and opportunity and a regional leader for social and economic change. Blending tradition and innovation, liberal arts and career preparation, intellectual development and cultural and personal growth, we foster a diverse and caring community of learners where all are welcome and each is challenged. We offer lifelong education responsive to changing community needs, a global economy, evolving technology and the shifting roles faced by individuals and institutions. Our greatest contribution to the commonwealth is the success and achievement of our students.
- The teacher population of 282 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|North Shore Community College||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||282 staff||96 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,412 students||3,428 students|
|# Full-Time Students||2,575 students||1,076 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,837 students||2,352 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,200||$35,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since its founding in 1965, NSCC has grown from a single building to three campuses and from five to over one hundred academic programs. Established in 1965, North Shore Community College is one of the oldest and largest of the fifteen community colleges in Massachusetts. Operating from campuses in Lynn, Beverly, and Danvers, we serve 26 cities and towns along the coastal region from north metropolitan Boston to Cape Ann. NSCC delivers post-secondary education to 7,500 students each year through more than 90 programs of study. The College also provides lifelong learning opportunities to more than 500,000 area residents through workforce development training to businesses and individuals, cultural enrichment activities, and community development resources.
- The nearest community college to North Shore Community College is Marian Court College (9.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 277 students | 9.50 Mi35 Little/'/s Point Rd
Swampscott,  MA  01907
- 283 students | 13.40 Mi170 Governors Ave
Medford,  MA  02155
- 6,963 students | 14.90 Mi100 Elliott Street
Haverhill,  MA  01830
- 14,253 students | 15.60 Mi250 New Rutherford Ave
Charlestown,  MA  02129
- 474 students | 16.60 Mi215 First St
Cambridge,  MA  02142
Take advantage of career opportunities in the field of radio broadcasting by starting your training at your local community college.
Being a single parent is difficult (and expensive) but it shouldn't stop you from furthering your education. Read on to learn how to pay for community college as a single parent.
If you're preparing to apply to college, use your summer wisely and complete a few college visits. Read on to learn how to plan and how to get the most from each visit.