Newport Business Institute-Williamsport (Closed 2013)
- Newport Business Institute is a coeducational institute offering career oriented programs in the field of business. The school perceives its major role the training of men and women in the fields of Secretarial Science and Business Administration.
|Newport Business Institute-Williamsport||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Enrollment||49 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||49 students||372 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,000||$34,800|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Newport Business Institute is a coeducational institute offering career oriented programs in the field of business. The school perceives its major role the training of men and women in the fields of Secretarial Science and Business Administration. Our Secretarial Science programs provide extensive computer training, plus organizational, interpersonal communication and other necessary office skills. Our Business Administration programs provide extensive computer training, basic and advanced accounting skills, and a solid business background. Newport Business Institute is licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Education, State Board of Private Licensed Schools and accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award the Associate in Specialized Business Degree, Diplomas and Certificates, in various business related subjects.
- The nearest community college to Newport Business Institute-Williamsport is Pennsylvania College of Technology (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,514 students | 0.40 MiOne College Avenue
Williamsport,  PA  17701
- 6,049 students | 53.30 Mi1333 South Prospect Street
Nanticoke,  PA  18634
- 630 students | 54.00 Mi480 Waupelani Dr
State College,  PA  16801
- 148 students | 54.50 Mi47 south main street
Mahanoy City,  PA  17948
- 3,346 students | 56.40 Mi2650 Woodglen Road
Pottsville,  PA  17901
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.