Newport Business Institute-Williamsport (Closed 2013)
- Newport Business Institute is a coeducational institute offering career oriented programs in the field of business. The school perceives its major role the training of men and women in the fields of Secretarial Science and Business Administration.
|Newport Business Institute-Williamsport||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Enrollment||49 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||49 students||372 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,000||$34,800|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Newport Business Institute is a coeducational institute offering career oriented programs in the field of business. The school perceives its major role the training of men and women in the fields of Secretarial Science and Business Administration. Our Secretarial Science programs provide extensive computer training, plus organizational, interpersonal communication and other necessary office skills. Our Business Administration programs provide extensive computer training, basic and advanced accounting skills, and a solid business background. Newport Business Institute is licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Education, State Board of Private Licensed Schools and accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award the Associate in Specialized Business Degree, Diplomas and Certificates, in various business related subjects.
- The nearest community college to Newport Business Institute-Williamsport is Pennsylvania College of Technology (11.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,514 students | 11.30 MiOne College Avenue
Williamsport,  PA  17701
- 6,049 students | 53.40 Mi1333 South Prospect Street
Nanticoke,  PA  18634
- 630 students | 54.00 Mi480 Waupelani Dr
State College,  PA  16801
- 148 students | 54.50 Mi47 south main street
Mahanoy City,  PA  17948
- 3,346 students | 56.50 Mi2650 Woodglen Road
Pottsville,  PA  17901
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.