Newport Business Institute-Williamsport (Closed 2013)
- Newport Business Institute is a coeducational institute offering career oriented programs in the field of business. The school perceives its major role the training of men and women in the fields of Secretarial Science and Business Administration.
|Newport Business Institute-Williamsport||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Enrollment||49 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||49 students||372 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,000||$34,800|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Newport Business Institute is a coeducational institute offering career oriented programs in the field of business. The school perceives its major role the training of men and women in the fields of Secretarial Science and Business Administration. Our Secretarial Science programs provide extensive computer training, plus organizational, interpersonal communication and other necessary office skills. Our Business Administration programs provide extensive computer training, basic and advanced accounting skills, and a solid business background. Newport Business Institute is licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Education, State Board of Private Licensed Schools and accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award the Associate in Specialized Business Degree, Diplomas and Certificates, in various business related subjects.
- The nearest community college to Newport Business Institute-Williamsport is Pennsylvania College of Technology (0.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,514 students | 0.40 MiOne College Avenue
Williamsport,  PA  17701
- 6,049 students | 53.30 Mi1333 South Prospect Street
Nanticoke,  PA  18634
- 630 students | 54.00 Mi480 Waupelani Dr
State College,  PA  16801
- 148 students | 54.50 Mi47 south main street
Mahanoy City,  PA  17948
- 3,346 students | 56.40 Mi2650 Woodglen Road
Pottsville,  PA  17901
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.