Moraine Valley Community College
- The mission of our college is to educate the whole person in a learning-centered environment, recognizing our responsibilities to one another, to our community, and to the world we share. We value excellence in teaching, learning and service as we maintain sensitivity to our role in a global, multicultural community. We are committed to continuous improvement and dedicated to providing accessible, affordable, and diverse learning opportunities and environments.
Moraine Valley Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 373 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Moraine Valley Community College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||373 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||15,286 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||41:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||6,624 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,662 students||2,613 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,100||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Moraine Valley is a cornerstone of success in Chicago's southwest suburbs. Since our founding in 1967, we've awarded over 37,000 associate's degrees and career certificates, with more than a half-million individuals of all ages benefiting from Moraine Valley courses and programs. That includes traditional college-age students, adults entering second careers, children and active retirees taking personal enrichment classes, and businesses improving their bottom-line through our employee and corporate training opportunities. We are one of just 12 Vanguard Learning Colleges in North America, selected by the League for Innovation in the Community College. With our emphasis on teaching and learning, Moraine Valley is at the forefront of higher education, ranking in the top 8 percent of American community colleges in associate's degrees awarded. In fact, one-third of all high school students in our district begin their college careers at Moraine Valley. We offer more than 120 degrees and certificates, including transfer programs that cover the first two years of a bachelor's degree; as well as exceptional career training, with learning assisted on the same cutting-edge equipment used by professionals. Our small class size assures you'll get personalized attention from teachers who are committed to your success. There also are support services, including academic advising, job counseling, and financial aid. We offer low tuition with flexible learning options, including day, evening, weekend, online and off-campus classes in neighborhoods throughout the district. Clearly, Moraine Valley is your affordable choice for top-quality education. Our extracurricular activities offer you a world of diversity representative of our student body. They include a chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, the national honors society for two-year colleges; The Glacier student newspaper; the 24 Karats Dance Team; clubs for learning and sharing about different cultural backgrounds; nationally ranked athletics teams; and so much more. Plus, at our Fine and Performing Arts Center, you can enjoy the finest in today's dance, theater, and music, as well as professional gallery exhibits. Moraine Valley's beautiful 294-acre campus, located in a scenic forested area, offers the advantages of a university-like setting within a welcoming campus environment. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
- The nearest community college to Moraine Valley Community College is Northwestern College-Southwestern Campus (4.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 743 students | 4.40 Mi7725 South Harlem Avenue
Bridgeview,  IL  60455
- 8,914 students | 7.20 Mi7500 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago,  IL  60652
- 360 students | 7.20 Mi6640 S. Cicero
Chicago,  IL  60638
- 4,653 students | 9.70 Mi3801 S Central Ave
Cicero,  IL  60804
- 5,313 students | 11.50 Mi6301 S Halsted St
Chicago,  IL  60621
Combine underwater adventures with scientific discoveries and crystal blue waters, and you may have a dream career as a marine biologist. Learn about how you can start your marine biology training right at community college!
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.