- Community College in rural Missouri. Small class sizes and personal attention in all facets of interaction with students.
- Enrollment: 2,410 students
- In-state tuition: $3,670
- Out-state tuition: $6,430
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 16:1
- Minority enrollment: 11%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Archery Club, Art Club, Chi Alpha, Community Connections Club, Cultural Awareness Club, Delta Psi Omega, Little Theater Guild, MAC Flix, Missouri SALPN, National Association for Music Education, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Post Secondary Agriculture Club, Robotics Club, Student Activities Council, Student Government Association, Student Missouri State Teacher Association, Student Nurses Association, Student Radiology Club, Veterans Club
- Mineral Area College was founded in April 1965 by popular vote of the residents of six public school districts in St. Francois and Madison counties and portions of Washington and Ste. Genevieve counties. The college became a successor to Flat River Junior College, the third-oldest public junior college in Missouri, established in 1922 as part of the Flat River Public School System. Since then, thousands of graduates have gone out into the world with the college's degrees or certificates. Mineral Area College is a two-year public comprehensive community college located in the beautiful Ozark Mountains of eastern Missouri, in a rapidly growing region 40 miles south of St. Louis on US Highway 67. Mineral Area College is often the first choice among college bound high school seniors and older students, and often the place to which community members turn when re-evaluating career options. At Mineral Area College, you receive a strong education while enjoying the full college experience. Mineral Area College offers you, the student, the opportunity to succeed in life and in your college career. Our focus is the student. You'll find that Mineral Area College's class sizes are small, and that our faculty and staff are dedicated to giving you every opportunity and advantage for your continued education and working career. Students receive individual attention from instructors while using advanced technology - all at a cost considerably less than larger four-year institutions. Moreover, Mineral Area College is fully accredited and maintains a close working relationship with all of the major state-supported universities in Missouri, making transfers to those larger institutions easy and convenient. In addition to the main campus in Park Hills, Mineral Area College has outreach centers in Fredericktown, Perryville and Potosi.