Metro Business College-Cape Girardeau
- Metro Business College provides career focused carrer training in a friendly supportive environment. In as few as 9 to 18 months, you could develop the skills you need for an exciting new carrer. All our programs include special training in personal development, interviewing techniques and career management skills to help you succeed.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Metro Business College-Cape Girardeau||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||7 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||118 students||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||103 students||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||15 students||612 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$20,500||$31,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- There are three Metro Business Colleges in the state of Missouri. Located in Cape Girardeau, Rolla, and Jefferson City, our private career colleges prepare students for new careers in Business, Healthcare, and Information Technology. Metro Business College awards Associate of Applied Science Degrees in Business & Computer Specialist and Medical Specialist. Metro Business College awards Diplomas in Information Processing/Computer Operator and Medical Secretary. Metro Business College awards Certificates in Administrative Assistant, Massage Therapy and Medical Administrative Assistant. Metro Business College also offers online courses. Select from more than 100 non-credit and certification-based online courses on office productivity applications, design and media tools, computer programming, Web development, databases, hardware networks, operating systems, Cisco training, telephony, Brainbench certification exams, e-business, project management, and workplace safety. There are also several dozen QuicKnowledge courses -- short, modular, "how-to" courses in business, personal finance, and personal development. All three campuses are nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. In fact, MBC has achieved Honor Roll School status with ACICS.
- The nearest community college to Metro Business College-Cape Girardeau is Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences (2.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 233 students | 2.60 Mi2001 William Street
Cape Girardeau,  MO  63703
- 1,799 students | 27.80 Mi8364 Shawnee College Rd
Ullin,  IL  62992
- 6,718 students | 38.90 Mi700 Logan College Road
Carterville,  IL  62918
- 6,402 students | 53.90 Mi4810 Alben Barkley Drive
Paducah,  KY  42002
- 5,287 students | 60.60 Mi5270 Flat River Road
Park Hills,  MO  63601
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.