Metro Business College-Cape Girardeau
- Metro Business College provides career focused carrer training in a friendly supportive environment. In as few as 9 to 18 months, you could develop the skills you need for an exciting new carrer. All our programs include special training in personal development, interviewing techniques and career management skills to help you succeed.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Metro Business College-Cape Girardeau||(MO) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||7 staff||32 staff|
|Total Enrollment||118 students||1,126 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||103 students||514 students|
|# Part-Time Students||15 students||612 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$20,500||$31,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- There are three Metro Business Colleges in the state of Missouri. Located in Cape Girardeau, Rolla, and Jefferson City, our private career colleges prepare students for new careers in Business, Healthcare, and Information Technology. Metro Business College awards Associate of Applied Science Degrees in Business & Computer Specialist and Medical Specialist. Metro Business College awards Diplomas in Information Processing/Computer Operator and Medical Secretary. Metro Business College awards Certificates in Administrative Assistant, Massage Therapy and Medical Administrative Assistant. Metro Business College also offers online courses. Select from more than 100 non-credit and certification-based online courses on office productivity applications, design and media tools, computer programming, Web development, databases, hardware networks, operating systems, Cisco training, telephony, Brainbench certification exams, e-business, project management, and workplace safety. There are also several dozen QuicKnowledge courses -- short, modular, "how-to" courses in business, personal finance, and personal development. All three campuses are nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. In fact, MBC has achieved Honor Roll School status with ACICS.
- The nearest community college to Metro Business College-Cape Girardeau is Southeast Missouri Hospital College of Nursing and Health Sciences (2.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 233 students | 2.60 Mi2001 William Street
Cape Girardeau,  MO  63703
- 1,799 students | 23.60 Mi8364 Shawnee College Rd
Ullin,  IL  62992
- 6,718 students | 39.10 Mi700 Logan College Road
Carterville,  IL  62918
- 6,402 students | 53.80 Mi4810 Alben Barkley Drive
Paducah,  KY  42002
- 5,287 students | 60.90 Mi5270 Flat River Road
Park Hills,  MO  63601
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.