Lewis and Clark Community College
- The mission of our community college is to empower people by raising aspirations and fostering achievement through dynamic, compassionate and responsible learning experiences. We offer more than 40 career programs and transfer options, College for Kids, a nationally accredited dual credit program for high school students, GED completion and workforce and safety training.
Upcoming Events and News:
- L&C Welding Coordinator Earns District Award - 09/11/2017 - Lewis and Clark Community College Welding Program Coordinator Travis Jumper again is receiving accolades from the American Welding Society (AWS). Jumper recently received the Howard E. Adkins Memorial Instructor of the Year Award for District 14 of the AWS. ...more
- L&C Launches Program in Instrumentation and Control Systems - 08/02/2017 - Lewis and Clark will launch a new program in Instrumentation and Control Systems this fall, and interested students are encouraged to apply and enroll now.
- Historical Marker Honoring Scott Bibb Unveiled in Alton - 06/21/2017 - Lewis and Clark Community College unveiled and dedicated the very first historical marker honoring the work of an African American in the City of Alton, Monday, June 19, 2017.
- ICCTA Names Jumper 2017 Outstanding Faculty Member - 06/15/2017 - For the first time, Lewis and Clark Community College`s nominee for the Illinois Community College Trustees Association (ICCTA) Outstanding Faculty Member Award has been announced as the overall winner.
- The teacher population of 660 teachers has grown by 217% over five years.
|Lewis and Clark Community College||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||660 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||15,000 students||3,818 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,205 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||2,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.33||0.58|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,500||$32,200|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||A Cross Between Campus Ministry, American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS), Association of Information Technology Professionals, Automotive Technology Organization, Biology Club, Black Student Association, Business of Comedy, Dental Assisting Club, Drafting Engineering & Mechanical (DEMO), International Student Association, L&C Student Chapter of the American Welding Society, LC Pride, Multicultural Student Society, Nursing Club, Occupational Therapy Assistants, OTA Honor Society, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Processing Operations Technology Club (PTEC), Psychology Club, Radio Broadcasting (WLCA), Science Technology Engineering & Math (STEM), Student Activities, Student Dental Hygienists, Student Government Association (SGA), Student Sustainability Association, The Bridge (Student Newspaper), United Nerds of LC (UNLC), Veterans Club Biology Club, LC Pride, Nursing Club, Veterans Club, A Cross Between Campus Ministry,|
American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS),
Association of Information Technology Professionals,
Automotive Technology Organization,
Black Student Association,
Business of Comedy,
Dental Assisting Club,
Drafting Engineering & Mechanical (DEMO),
International Student Association,
L&C Student Chapter of the American Welding Society,
Multicultural Student Society,
Occupational Therapy Assistants,
OTA Honor Society,
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society,
Processing Operations Technology Club (PTEC),
Radio Broadcasting (WLCA),
Science Technology Engineering & Math (STEM),
Student Dental Hygienists,
Student Government Association (SGA),
Student Sustainability Association,
The Bridge (Student Newspaper),
United Nerds of LC (UNLC),
Lewis and Clark Community College is a two-year higher education institution with multiple campuses, a river research center, a global humanities center, a training center, an adult education center and Community Education Centers dedicated to empowering people throughout the college district, which encompasses more than 220,000 people.
The college`s offerings run the gamut, from more than 40 career programs and transfer options to College for Kids, a nationally accredited dual credit program for high school students, GED completion and workforce and safety training. A national and state award-winning standout among Illinois community colleges, L&C was founded in 1970 and currently serves approximately 15,000 students annually. The college employs more than 660 employees and adds $369.4 million in regional income annually, which represents 4.7 percent of the region`s GRP.
The Godfrey Campus is unique, known for its beautiful, historic location on the grounds of the former Monticello College, the second oldest all-female college in the nation, founded in 1838. The campus features the Monticello Sculpture Gardens, a botanic garden which comprises 14 eye-catching sculptures and multiple fountains, and is a Signature Garden site for the Missouri Botanical Garden. The campus welcomes more than 200,000 visitors to campus every year.
The historic N.O. Nelson Campus, a former industrial complex in Edwardsville`s Leclaire neighborhood, is now home to the college`s Process Operations Technology and Instrumentation and Control Systems programs, as well as the St. Louis Confluence Fab Lab and the Leclaire Room, which is used for numerous community events. The campus is utilized by more than 1,500 students.
Lewis and Clark is dedicated to public engagement, from reducing the college`s carbon footprint and encouraging sustainable practices and education, to delivering affordable healthcare to underserved populations through a Mobile Health Unit and an interprofessional, federally funded Family Health Clinic - still the only nurse managed clinic operated by a community college.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,438 students | 13.70 Mi3400 Pershall Rd
Saint Louis,  MO  63135
- 1,287 students | 17.00 Mi8580 Evans Avenue
Saint Louis,  MO  63134
- 1,851 students | 20.70 Mi4431 Finney Ave
Saint Louis,  MO  63113
- 172 students | 21.90 Mi1521 Washington Avenue
Saint Louis,  MO  63103
- 415 students | 22.00 Mi940 Westport Plaza
Saint Louis,  MO  63146