Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Austin
- Texas Culinary Academy is dedicated to preparing students for the international hospitality industry by providing the finest hands-on education in the classic and modern culinary arts.
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Austin||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||643 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||643 students||1,055 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,300||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Texas Culinary Academy is unique among Texas cooking schools by offering Le Cordon Bleu degree and certificate programs. TCA programs are structured to ensure that students are exposed to a diversified education in culinary arts with the perfect blend of general education classes to broaden their awareness, knowledge, attitudes, and values. TCA maintains a commitment to quality instruction, facilities and student development that separates us from other cooking schools. Our classes are taught by professional chefs that provide insight and real-world experience. At Texas Culinary Academy, we are proud of the atmosphere of professionalism and mutual respect we have created. To encourage creative expression within our culinary learning environment, classes are limited in size. This allows us to provide the exemplary training Le Cordon Bleu is known for and allows students to receive the personal attention they deserve from our experienced instructors. Our classrooms and labs are outfitted with industry-current equipment in order to emulate real-world situations and give students the skills they need to succeed. Our specialized classes cover everything from basic cooking skills to the art of butchering to purchasing and cost control. Texas Culinary Academy offers students both Le Cordon Bleu Culinary Arts Program and Le Cordon Bleu Patisserie & Baking Program. Texas Culinary Academy is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts-Austin is National American University-Austin (3.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 207 students | 3.10 Mi13801 Burnet Road, Suite 300
Austin,  TX  78727
- 40,949 students | 5.30 Mi5930 Middle Fiskville Rd
Austin,  TX  78752
- 20,547 students | 49.70 Mi6200 West Central Texas Expressway
Killeen,  TX  76549
- 5,200 students | 51.40 Mi2600 S 1st St
Temple,  TX  76504
- 574 students | 76.80 Mi7142 San Pedro Suite 100
San Antonio,  TX  78216
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.