- Sawyer College is an institution of higher learning dedicated to providing quality programs that integrate the curriculum with professional skill development, empowering students to achieve their lifelong personal and professional goals.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has declined by 68% over five years.
|Kaplan College-Hammond||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||7 staff||28 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||8|
|Total Enrollment||299 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||299 students||507 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,299 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,200||-|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||91%||89%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,490||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,394||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since its establishment in 1916, Sawyer College has been known as being an Indiana college providing quality education and giving students the skills they need for success in their careers. Respected industry leaders looking for graduates of an Indiana technical school seek our students because they know they have the abilities and training required in today's fast-paced world. Our years of training experience, combined with a positive attitude and hard work, produce successful results. Sawyer College offers a number of rewarding Associate of Applied Science Programs and valuable Certificate Programs in such diverse fields as medical, information technology or office administration. So, whether you're interested in attending an information technology school, taking a massage therapy course or learning about medical assisting, Sawyer College is the Indiana technical school to choose! Successful program graduates are eligible for career services, not just immediately following graduation, but even after graduating from Sawyer College. Sawyer College believes that education should promote the development of positive self-esteem and, for that purpose, provides services supportive of student efforts in succeeding academically, vocationally and personally. These services include individual advising, academic tutoring and assistance in locating needed social services. Sawyer College strives to provide excellence in education by hiring well-prepared, experienced faculty and staff; by maintaining an updated facility that fosters educational growth in a pleasant and safe environment with current classroom equipment, library facilities with Internet access and computer labs; and by providing tutoring and advising services to help students successfully complete their programs of study. Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award Associate of Applied Science degrees and certificates.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,329 students | 7.70 Mi15800 South State Street
South Holland,  IL  60473
- 8,559 students | 8.10 Mi1440 E 35th Ave
Gary,  IN  46409
- 4,574 students | 8.60 Mi202 South Halsted Street
Chicago Heights,  IL  60411
- 512 students | 10.30 Mi1000 E 80th Place, Suite 2055
Merrillville,  IN  46410
- 4,572 students | 11.50 Mi10001 S Woodlawn Ave
Chicago,  IL  60628
June 19, 2018
Community colleges have responded to the needs of working adults with online options.
June 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.
June 18, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.