- Sawyer College is an institution of higher learning dedicated to providing quality programs that integrate the curriculum with professional skill development, empowering students to achieve their lifelong personal and professional goals.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kaplan College-Hammond||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||7 staff||28 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||8|
|Total Enrollment||299 students||1,806 students|
|# Full-Time Students||299 students||507 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,200||$30,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2015)||91%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2015)||$9,489||$20,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2015)||$4,394||$6,334|
|Acceptance Rate (Year 2007)||100%||85%|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Since its establishment in 1916, Sawyer College has been known as being an Indiana college providing quality education and giving students the skills they need for success in their careers. Respected industry leaders looking for graduates of an Indiana technical school seek our students because they know they have the abilities and training required in today's fast-paced world. Our years of training experience, combined with a positive attitude and hard work, produce successful results. Sawyer College offers a number of rewarding Associate of Applied Science Programs and valuable Certificate Programs in such diverse fields as medical, information technology or office administration. So, whether you're interested in attending an information technology school, taking a massage therapy course or learning about medical assisting, Sawyer College is the Indiana technical school to choose! Successful program graduates are eligible for career services, not just immediately following graduation, but even after graduating from Sawyer College. Sawyer College believes that education should promote the development of positive self-esteem and, for that purpose, provides services supportive of student efforts in succeeding academically, vocationally and personally. These services include individual advising, academic tutoring and assistance in locating needed social services. Sawyer College strives to provide excellence in education by hiring well-prepared, experienced faculty and staff; by maintaining an updated facility that fosters educational growth in a pleasant and safe environment with current classroom equipment, library facilities with Internet access and computer labs; and by providing tutoring and advising services to help students successfully complete their programs of study. Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award Associate of Applied Science degrees and certificates.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,329 students | 7.70 Mi15800 South State Street
South Holland,  IL  60473
- 8,559 students | 8.10 Mi1440 E 35th Ave
Gary,  IN  46409
- 4,574 students | 8.60 Mi202 South Halsted Street
Chicago Heights,  IL  60411
- 512 students | 10.30 Mi1000 E 80th Place, Suite 2055
Merrillville,  IN  46410
- 4,572 students | 11.50 Mi10001 S Woodlawn Ave
Chicago,  IL  60628
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.