Kaplan Career Institute-Harrisburg
- Since 1918, Thompson Institute has been providing comprehensive vocational training to those who desire it. We are committed to preparing our students for the careers they want and the lives they deserve. Our small class sizes and experienced instructors give our students the edge needed to succeed. Our classrooms are equipped with industry-specific equipment, so our students learning on the equipment used on the job. Our programs emphasize hands-on training and are relevant to employers' needs, focusing on areas that offer strong employment opportunities.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has declined by 88% over five years.
|Kaplan Career Institute-Harrisburg||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||4 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||8|
|Total Enrollment||217 students||571 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||54:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||217 students||354 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.69||0.57|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,800||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||98%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$13,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,327||$6,246|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At Thompson Institute we understand that personal habits and skills are just as important as the career skills taught in the classroom. Students are challenged to demonstrate dependability, interpersonal skills and business ethics, the qualities most desired by employers. With professionalism, work ethic, and self-confidence building elements integrated throughout the curricula, professional growth becomes part of the daily classroom environment The college offers certificates and programs in Allied Health, Business, Technology and Criminal Justice. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council of Independent Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 20,230 students | 5.40 Mi1 HACC Dr.
Harrisburg,  PA  17110
- 341 students | 5.50 Mi2301 Academy Dr
Harrisburg,  PA  17112
- 1,385 students | 8.10 MiCollege Hill & Valley Rds
Summerdale,  PA  17093
- 107 students | 19.30 Mi1605 Clugston Rd
York,  PA  17404
- 369 students | 19.90 Mi1409 Williams Rd
York,  PA  17402
October 22, 2017
Learn about the changing tide in male enrollment at community colleges, as well as the catalysts behind the increase in men on campus.
October 20, 2017
When you first start college you may be overwhelmed by the newness of it. But keep these common mistakes in mind as you go through your first year to make sure that you are properly setup for the rest of your college career and your life thereafter.
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.