Kaplan Career Institute-Harrisburg
- Since 1918, Thompson Institute has been providing comprehensive vocational training to those who desire it. We are committed to preparing our students for the careers they want and the lives they deserve. Our small class sizes and experienced instructors give our students the edge needed to succeed. Our classrooms are equipped with industry-specific equipment, so our students learning on the equipment used on the job. Our programs emphasize hands-on training and are relevant to employers' needs, focusing on areas that offer strong employment opportunities.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kaplan Career Institute-Harrisburg||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||4 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||8|
|Total Enrollment||217 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||54:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||217 students||372 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,800||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||98%||95%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$12,223|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,327||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At Thompson Institute we understand that personal habits and skills are just as important as the career skills taught in the classroom. Students are challenged to demonstrate dependability, interpersonal skills and business ethics, the qualities most desired by employers. With professionalism, work ethic, and self-confidence building elements integrated throughout the curricula, professional growth becomes part of the daily classroom environment The college offers certificates and programs in Allied Health, Business, Technology and Criminal Justice. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council of Independent Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Kaplan Career Institute-Harrisburg is Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg (5.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 20,230 students | 5.40 Mi1 HACC Dr.
Harrisburg,  PA  17110
- 1,047 students | 8.10 Mi600 Valley Road P.O. Box 309
Summerdale,  PA  17093
- 1,677 students | 19.90 Mi1405 Williams Road
York,  PA  17402
- 1,269 students | 20.10 Mi735 Cumberland St
Lebanon,  PA  17042
- 1,172 students | 22.00 Mi1031 Edgecomb Avenue
York,  PA  17403
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.