Kaplan Career Institute-Harrisburg
- Since 1918, Thompson Institute has been providing comprehensive vocational training to those who desire it. We are committed to preparing our students for the careers they want and the lives they deserve. Our small class sizes and experienced instructors give our students the edge needed to succeed. Our classrooms are equipped with industry-specific equipment, so our students learning on the equipment used on the job. Our programs emphasize hands-on training and are relevant to employers' needs, focusing on areas that offer strong employment opportunities.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kaplan Career Institute-Harrisburg||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||4 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||8|
|Total Enrollment||217 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||54:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||217 students||372 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,800||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||98%||95%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$12,223|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,327||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At Thompson Institute we understand that personal habits and skills are just as important as the career skills taught in the classroom. Students are challenged to demonstrate dependability, interpersonal skills and business ethics, the qualities most desired by employers. With professionalism, work ethic, and self-confidence building elements integrated throughout the curricula, professional growth becomes part of the daily classroom environment The college offers certificates and programs in Allied Health, Business, Technology and Criminal Justice. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council of Independent Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Kaplan Career Institute-Harrisburg is Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg (5.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 20,230 students | 5.40 Mi1 HACC Dr.
Harrisburg,  PA  17110
- 1,370 students | 8.10 Mi600 Valley Road P.O. Box 309
Summerdale,  PA  17093
- 1,677 students | 19.90 Mi1405 Williams Road
York,  PA  17402
- 1,269 students | 20.10 Mi735 Cumberland St
Lebanon,  PA  17042
- 1,172 students | 22.00 Mi1031 Edgecomb Avenue
York,  PA  17403
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.