Kaplan Career Institute-Harrisburg
- Since 1918, Thompson Institute has been providing comprehensive vocational training to those who desire it. We are committed to preparing our students for the careers they want and the lives they deserve. Our small class sizes and experienced instructors give our students the edge needed to succeed. Our classrooms are equipped with industry-specific equipment, so our students learning on the equipment used on the job. Our programs emphasize hands-on training and are relevant to employers' needs, focusing on areas that offer strong employment opportunities.
- The teacher population of 4 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Kaplan Career Institute-Harrisburg||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||4 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||4||8|
|Total Enrollment||217 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||54:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||217 students||372 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,800||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||98%||95%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$12,223|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,327||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- At Thompson Institute we understand that personal habits and skills are just as important as the career skills taught in the classroom. Students are challenged to demonstrate dependability, interpersonal skills and business ethics, the qualities most desired by employers. With professionalism, work ethic, and self-confidence building elements integrated throughout the curricula, professional growth becomes part of the daily classroom environment The college offers certificates and programs in Allied Health, Business, Technology and Criminal Justice. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council of Independent Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Kaplan Career Institute-Harrisburg is Harrisburg Area Community College-Harrisburg (5.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 20,230 students | 5.40 Mi1 HACC Dr.
Harrisburg,  PA  17110
- 1,047 students | 8.10 Mi600 Valley Road P.O. Box 309
Summerdale,  PA  17093
- 1,677 students | 19.90 Mi1405 Williams Road
York,  PA  17402
- 1,269 students | 20.10 Mi735 Cumberland St
Lebanon,  PA  17042
- 1,172 students | 22.00 Mi1031 Edgecomb Avenue
York,  PA  17403
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.