Johnson & Wales University-North Miami
- At Johnson & Wales University, we prepare you for success?both personal and professional. Since 1914, our unique approach of combining academics and practical skills with relevant work experiences and community service has made JWU a recognized leader in career education. The mission of Johnson & Wales University is to empower its diverse student body to succeed in today's dynamic world by integrating general education, professional skills and career-focused education. To this end, the university employs its faculty, services, curricula and facilities to equip students with the conceptual and practical tools required to become contributing members of society.
- The teacher population of 74 teachers has declined by 38% over five years.
|Johnson & Wales University-North Miami||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||74 staff||38 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,904 students||1,230 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,855 students||537 students|
|# Part-Time Students||49 students||693 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||184|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,800||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 196 students | 4.20 Mi111 NW 183rd St, Ste 200
Miami,  FL  33169
- 537 students | 4.50 Mi1525 NW 167th Street
Miami,  FL  33169
- 919 students | 7.40 Mi3700 Lakeside Drive
Hollywood,  FL  33027
- 141 students | 8.00 Mi571 NW 28th St
Miami,  FL  33127
- n/a students | 8.00 Mi2620 hollywood blvd
Hollywood,  FL  33020
March 21, 2018
Learn how community colleges are outperforming 4 year universities in several different areas.
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.