Johnson & Wales University-North Miami
- At Johnson & Wales University, we prepare you for success?both personal and professional. Since 1914, our unique approach of combining academics and practical skills with relevant work experiences and community service has made JWU a recognized leader in career education. The mission of Johnson & Wales University is to empower its diverse student body to succeed in today's dynamic world by integrating general education, professional skills and career-focused education. To this end, the university employs its faculty, services, curricula and facilities to equip students with the conceptual and practical tools required to become contributing members of society.
Johnson & Wales University-North Miami places among the top 20% of community colleges in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 74 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Johnson & Wales University-North Miami||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||74 staff||37 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Johnson & Wales University-North Miami is Everest Institute-North Miami (4.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 196 students | 4.10 Mi111 NW 183rd St, Ste 200
Miami,  FL  33169
(305) 949-9500 4.10196
- 537 students | 4.50 Mi1525 NW 167th Street
Miami,  FL  33169
(786) 288-3357 4.50537
- 141 students | 6.80 Mi571 NW 28th St
Miami,  FL  33127
(305) 538-3193 6.80141
- n/a students | 8.00 Mi2620 hollywood blvd
Hollywood,  FL  33020
(954) 923-8100 8.00n/a
- 66,046 students | 8.20 Mi300 NE 2nd Avenue
Miami,  FL  33132
(305) 237-8888 8.2066,046
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.