Johnson & Wales University-North Miami
- At Johnson & Wales University, we prepare you for success?both personal and professional. Since 1914, our unique approach of combining academics and practical skills with relevant work experiences and community service has made JWU a recognized leader in career education. The mission of Johnson & Wales University is to empower its diverse student body to succeed in today's dynamic world by integrating general education, professional skills and career-focused education. To this end, the university employs its faculty, services, curricula and facilities to equip students with the conceptual and practical tools required to become contributing members of society.
Johnson & Wales University-North Miami places among the top 20% of community colleges in Florida for:
- Category Attribute
- Selectivity Lowest acceptance rates
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 74 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Johnson & Wales University-North Miami||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||74 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,904 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,855 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||49 students||655 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||184|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,800||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Johnson & Wales University-North Miami is Everest Institute-North Miami (4.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 196 students | 4.20 Mi111 NW 183rd St, Ste 200
Miami,  FL  33169
- 537 students | 4.50 Mi1525 NW 167th Street
Miami,  FL  33169
- 919 students | 7.40 Mi3700 Lakeside Drive
Hollywood,  FL  33027
- 141 students | 8.00 Mi571 NW 28th St
Miami,  FL  33127
- n/a students | 8.00 Mi2620 hollywood blvd
Hollywood,  FL  33020
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.