- John Tyler Community College is a public two-year institution of higher education that has been serving the community since 1967. The College offers a variety of programs and services to primarily the residents of the cities of Colonial Heights, Hopewell and Petersburg; and the counties of Amelia, Charles City, Chesterfield, Dinwiddie, Prince George, Surry and Sussex.
- Enrollment: 9,440 students
- In-state tuition: $4,150
- Out-state tuition: $9,988
- Student:teacher ratio: 23:1
- Minority enrollment: 38%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
John Tyler Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Virginia for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- John Tyler Community College is one of twenty-three comprehensive community colleges comprising the Virginia Community College System. As an open-access two-year institution, the college is committed to creating a supportive, learning-centered environment and providing flexible, cost-effective quality educational and workforce training programs that prepare students for transfer, gainful employment, life-long learning, personal fulfillment and social responsibility as global citizens in a rapidly changing world. JTCC offers quality and economical opportunities for workforce development and training, transfer to four-year institutions and recreational and personal interest. The College serves more than 8,500 for-credit students each year and offers 13 associate degrees and 38 certificates. In addition, the institution also serves 8,000 non-credit students and 500 companies and government agencies annually through the Community College Workforce Alliance. John Tyler Community College has a comprehensive mission with regard to its academic programs. This mission is to provide academic preparation for transfer to four-year institutions, career preparation for entry into high demand occupational fields, developmental courses to prepare students for college-level work, job retraining, and life-long learning activities. The College offers the Associate Degrees in Arts and Sciences and in Applied Science. In addition the college has several certificate and career studies certificate programs. John Tyler Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer associate degrees.