Chester Career College
Tel: (804) 751-9191
- The mission of Chester Career College is to provide educational career programs which prepare students to succeed in selected professions. Students at Chester Career College are provided the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills; self-discipline and confidence; a professional attitude; and the ability to meet employer expectations in order to enter and advance in the job market.Providing a quality educational experience to each individual student is a priority at Chester Career College. The needs of the students remain in the forefront of the daily activities of each employee. The management of this school requires and expects that quality and prompt service will be provided to each student on a consistent basis.
The teacher population of 13 teachers has grown by 8% over five years.
|Chester Career College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Item not available||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||129 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||7||7|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||87%||83%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$18,752||$11,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,500|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Profile last updated: 08/16/2021
The nearest community college to Chester Career College is John Tyler Community College (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,152 students | 1.90 Mi13101 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Chester, VA 23831
(804) 796-4000 1.9010,152
- 741 students | 12.00 Mi8141 Hull St Rd
North Chesterfield, VA 23235
(804) 745-2444 12.00741
- 2,375 students | 13.30 Mi11301 Johnson Rd.
South Prince George, VA 23805
(804) 862-6100 13.302,375
- 112 students | 13.90 Mi7914 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond, VA 23235
(804) 330-0111 13.90112
- 11,735 students | 15.50 Mi800 Moorefield Pk Dr
Richmond, VA 23236
(804) 330-5533 15.5011,735
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.