Chester Career College
- The mission of Chester Career College is to provide educational career programs which prepare students to succeed in selected professions. Students at Chester Career College are provided the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills; self-discipline and confidence; a professional attitude; and the ability to meet employer expectations in order to enter and advance in the job market. Providing a quality educational experience to each individual student is a priority at Chester Career College. The needs of the students remain in the forefront of the daily activities of each employee. The management of this school requires and expects that quality and prompt service will be provided to each student on a consistent basis.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Chester Career College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||45 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||11|
|Total Enrollment||205 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||205 students||717 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,400||$29,400|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||91%||84%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$13,883||$10,502|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,819||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Chester Career College is Fortis College-Richmond (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 491 students | 0.50 Mi2000 Westmoreland Street, Suite A
Richmond,  VA  23230
- 11,861 students | 3.80 Mi1651 E Parham Road
Henrico,  VA  23228
- 167 students | 6.30 Mi7914 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond,  VA  23235
- 11,735 students | 7.30 Mi800 Moorefield Pk Dr
Richmond,  VA  23236
- 10 students | 7.30 Mi800 Moorefield Park Drive
Richmond,  VA  23236
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.