Chester Career College
Tel: (804) 751-9191
- The mission of Chester Career College is to provide educational career programs which prepare students to succeed in selected professions. Students at Chester Career College are provided the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills; self-discipline and confidence; a professional attitude; and the ability to meet employer expectations in order to enter and advance in the job market.Providing a quality educational experience to each individual student is a priority at Chester Career College. The needs of the students remain in the forefront of the daily activities of each employee. The management of this school requires and expects that quality and prompt service will be provided to each student on a consistent basis.
The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Chester Career College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Item not available||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||69 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||7||12|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||87%||84%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$19,085||$11,250|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,716||$5,500|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Profile last updated: 08/16/2021
The nearest community college to Chester Career College is John Tyler Community College (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,144 students | 1.90 Mi13101 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Chester, VA 23831
(804) 796-4000 1.9010,144
- 741 students | 12.00 Mi8141 Hull St Rd
North Chesterfield, VA 23235
(804) 745-2444 12.00741
- 2,475 students | 13.30 Mi11301 Johnson Rd.
South Prince George, VA 23805
(804) 862-6100 13.302,475
- 33 students | 13.90 Mi7914 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond, VA 23235
(804) 330-0111 13.9033
- 11,735 students | 15.50 Mi800 Moorefield Pk Dr
Richmond, VA 23236
(804) 330-5533 15.5011,735
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?