Chester Career College
- The mission of Chester Career College is to provide educational career programs which prepare students to succeed in selected professions. Students at Chester Career College are provided the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills; self-discipline and confidence; a professional attitude; and the ability to meet employer expectations in order to enter and advance in the job market. Providing a quality educational experience to each individual student is a priority at Chester Career College. The needs of the students remain in the forefront of the daily activities of each employee. The management of this school requires and expects that quality and prompt service will be provided to each student on a consistent basis.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Chester Career College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||45 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||11|
|Total Enrollment||205 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||205 students||717 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,400||$29,400|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||91%||84%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$13,883||$10,502|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,819||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Chester Career College is Fortis College-Richmond (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 491 students | 0.50 Mi2000 Westmoreland Street, Suite A
Richmond,  VA  23230
- 11,861 students | 3.80 Mi1651 E Parham Road
Henrico,  VA  23228
- 167 students | 6.30 Mi7914 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond,  VA  23235
- 11,735 students | 7.30 Mi800 Moorefield Pk Dr
Richmond,  VA  23236
- 10 students | 7.30 Mi800 Moorefield Park Drive
Richmond,  VA  23236
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.