Chester Career College
- The mission of Chester Career College is to provide educational career programs which prepare students to succeed in selected professions. Students at Chester Career College are provided the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills; self-discipline and confidence; a professional attitude; and the ability to meet employer expectations in order to enter and advance in the job market. Providing a quality educational experience to each individual student is a priority at Chester Career College. The needs of the students remain in the forefront of the daily activities of each employee. The management of this school requires and expects that quality and prompt service will be provided to each student on a consistent basis.
The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Chester Career College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||69 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||12|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||87%||84%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$19,085||$11,250|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,716||$5,500|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Chester Career College is John Tyler Community College (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,144 students | 1.90 Mi13101 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Chester,  VA  23831
(804) 796-4000 1.9010,144
- 741 students | 12.00 Mi8141 Hull St Rd
North Chesterfield,  VA  23235
(804) 745-2444 12.00741
- 2,475 students | 13.30 Mi11301 Johnson Rd.
South Prince George,  VA  23805
(804) 862-6100 13.302,475
- 33 students | 13.90 Mi7914 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond,  VA  23235
(804) 330-0111 13.9033
- 11,735 students | 15.50 Mi800 Moorefield Pk Dr
Richmond,  VA  23236
(804) 330-5533 15.5011,735
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.