Chester Career College
- The mission of Chester Career College is to provide educational career programs which prepare students to succeed in selected professions. Students at Chester Career College are provided the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills; self-discipline and confidence; a professional attitude; and the ability to meet employer expectations in order to enter and advance in the job market. Providing a quality educational experience to each individual student is a priority at Chester Career College. The needs of the students remain in the forefront of the daily activities of each employee. The management of this school requires and expects that quality and prompt service will be provided to each student on a consistent basis.
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Chester Career College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||45 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||6||11|
|Total Enrollment||205 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||205 students||717 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,400||$29,400|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||91%||84%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$13,883||$10,502|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,819||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Chester Career College is John Tyler Community College (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,875 students | 1.90 Mi13101 Jefferson Davis Hwy
Chester,  VA  23831
(804) 796-4000 1.909,875
- 626 students | 12.00 Mi8141 Hull St Rd
Richmond,  VA  23235
(804) 745-2444 12.00626
- 1,525 students | 13.30 Mi11301 Johnson Rd
Petersburg,  VA  23805
(804) 862-6100 13.301,525
- 167 students | 13.90 Mi7914 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond,  VA  23235
(804) 330-0111 13.90167
- 11,735 students | 15.50 Mi800 Moorefield Pk Dr
Richmond,  VA  23236
(804) 330-5533 15.5011,735
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.