J Sargeant Reynolds Community College
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College provides access to education that develops individuals for employment and career advancement, prepares students for successful transfer to colleges and universities, promotes personal enrichment and lifelong learning, and builds a skilled workforce that contributes to regional economic development.
- The teacher population of 320 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|J Sargeant Reynolds Community College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||320 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||11,861 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,312 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,549 students||860 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,600||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College - Virginia's newest community college - was founded in 1972 to serve the capitol region in and around the city of Richmond. In just over 25 years, J. Sargeant Reynolds has grown into the third largest college in the Virginia Community College System, enrolling students at three major campuses, at 5 off-campus sites, and "virtually" through distance learning. J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College has three academic campuses - the Downtown Academic Campus, the Parham Road Academic Campus and the Western Academic Campus. The Parham Road Academic Campus, located one mile west of I-95 in Henrico County, offers college transfer programs in liberal arts, education, engineering, science, and computer science, as well as a broad range of occupational/technical programs in the areas of business, engineering, and public service. Students attend Reynolds for degrees that transfer to four-year universities and colleges in Virginia and elsewhere, degrees, certificates, and career studies certificates that prepare credit students for employment, credit courses for students who do not currently wish to complete an entire program - during the day, evening, on weekends, via distance learning and through dual enrollment and workforce development courses and services through the Community College Workforce Alliance (CCWA). JSRCC's occupational/technical plans, designed to prepare students for employment as technicians, paraprofessionals and skilled craftsmen. In these two-year plans, you can earn an Associate of Applied Arts (AAA) or Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree. For even quicker and more focused preparation for an occupation, you can complete a Certificate (C) plan in two or three semesters.
- The nearest community college to J Sargeant Reynolds Community College is Fortis College-Richmond (3.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 491 students | 3.70 Mi2000 Westmoreland Street, Suite A
Richmond,  VA  23230
- 205 students | 3.80 Mi751 WEST HUNDRED ROAD
Chester,  VA  23836
- 167 students | 10.10 Mi7914 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond,  VA  23235
- 11,735 students | 10.90 Mi800 Moorefield Pk Dr
Richmond,  VA  23236
- 10 students | 10.90 Mi800 Moorefield Park Drive
Richmond,  VA  23236
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.