J Sargeant Reynolds Community College
Tel: (804) 371-3000
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College provides access to education that develops individuals for employment and career advancement, prepares students for successful transfer to colleges and universities, promotes personal enrichment and lifelong learning, and builds a skilled workforce that contributes to regional economic development.
The teacher population of 320 teachers has grown by 5% over five years.
|J Sargeant Reynolds Community College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||320 staff||69 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College - Virginia's newest community college - was founded in 1972 to serve the capitol region in and around the city of Richmond. In just over 25 years, J. Sargeant Reynolds has grown into the third largest college in the Virginia Community College System, enrolling students at three major campuses, at 5 off-campus sites, and "virtually" through distance learning. J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College has three academic campuses - the Downtown Academic Campus, the Parham Road Academic Campus and the Western Academic Campus. The Parham Road Academic Campus, located one mile west of I-95 in Henrico County, offers college transfer programs in liberal arts, education, engineering, science, and computer science, as well as a broad range of occupational/technical programs in the areas of business, engineering, and public service. Students attend Reynolds for degrees that transfer to four-year universities and colleges in Virginia and elsewhere, degrees, certificates, and career studies certificates that prepare credit students for employment, credit courses for students who do not currently wish to complete an entire program - during the day, evening, on weekends, via distance learning and through dual enrollment and workforce development courses and services through the Community College Workforce Alliance (CCWA). JSRCC's occupational/technical plans, designed to prepare students for employment as technicians, paraprofessionals and skilled craftsmen. In these two-year plans, you can earn an Associate of Applied Arts (AAA) or Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree. For even quicker and more focused preparation for an occupation, you can complete a Certificate (C) plan in two or three semesters.
The nearest community college to J Sargeant Reynolds Community College is Fortis College-Richmond (4.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 425 students | 4.00 Mi2000 Westmoreland Street, Suite A
Richmond, VA 23230
(804) 323-1020 4.00425
- 33 students | 10.30 Mi7914 Midlothian Turnpike
Richmond, VA 23235
(804) 330-0111 10.3033
- 11,735 students | 11.10 Mi800 Moorefield Pk Dr
Richmond, VA 23236
(804) 330-5533 11.1011,735
- 10 students | 11.10 Mi800 Moorefield Park Drive
Richmond, VA 23236
(804) 521-0400 11.1010
- 741 students | 12.80 Mi8141 Hull St Rd
North Chesterfield, VA 23235
(804) 745-2444 12.80741
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.