ITT Technical Institute-Troy (Closed 2006)
The teacher population of 24 teachers has grown by 9% over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Troy||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||24 staff||103 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Instruction was initially offered in June 1967, under the name Sams Technical Institute, as a sister school to the Sams Technical Institutes already established in Indianapolis and Evansville. In September 1970, the name of the school was changed to ITT Technical Institute. The school moved to its present location in May, 2005. The school offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology and bachelorof science degree programs of study in Business Administration, Business Accounting Technology, Criminal Justice, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Industrial Automation Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security and Technical Project Management. Branches of ITT Technical Institute are located in Troy, Michigan, Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Burr Ridge, Illinois. ITT Technical Institute, Troy, Michigan school opened March 16, 1987 offering Electronics Engineering Technology. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Business Administration, Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design, Criminal Justice and Information Technology. The school is located at 1522 East Big Beaver Road. The building consists of 37,600 square feet incorporating laboratories and classrooms, administrative offices and a student lounge. Special facilities for disabled persons include sidewalk ramps and special restroom facilities. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate of applied science degrees.
The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Troy is Oakland Community College (6.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 15,411 students | 6.90 Mi2480 Opdyke Rd
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
(248) 341-2000 6.9015,411
- 1,098 students | 7.40 Mi800 West Avon Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
(248) 218-2011 7.401,098
- 20,220 students | 7.60 Mi14500 E Twelve Mile Rd
Warren, MI 48088
(586) 445-7999 7.6020,220
- 289 students | 8.40 Mi26999 Central Park Blvd., Ste. 125
Southfield, MI 48076
(248) 213-1610 8.40289
- 2,703 students | 9.50 Mi1500 University Drive
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
(248) 340-0600 9.502,703
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.