ITT Technical Institute-Troy (Closed 2006)
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Troy||(MI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||24 staff||100 staff|
|Total Enrollment||466 students||3,505 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||383 students||1,591 students|
|# Part-Time Students||83 students||1,914 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,800||$30,600|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Instruction was initially offered in June 1967, under the name Sams Technical Institute, as a sister school to the Sams Technical Institutes already established in Indianapolis and Evansville. In September 1970, the name of the school was changed to ITT Technical Institute. The school moved to its present location in May, 2005. The school offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology and bachelorof science degree programs of study in Business Administration, Business Accounting Technology, Criminal Justice, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Industrial Automation Engineering Technology, Information Systems Security and Technical Project Management. Branches of ITT Technical Institute are located in Troy, Michigan, Fort Lauderdale, Florida and Burr Ridge, Illinois. ITT Technical Institute, Troy, Michigan school opened March 16, 1987 offering Electronics Engineering Technology. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Business Administration, Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design, Criminal Justice and Information Technology. The school is located at 1522 East Big Beaver Road. The building consists of 37,600 square feet incorporating laboratories and classrooms, administrative offices and a student lounge. Special facilities for disabled persons include sidewalk ramps and special restroom facilities. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate of applied science degrees.
- The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Troy is Oakland Community College (6.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 24,031 students | 6.90 Mi2480 Opdyke Rd
Bloomfield Hills,  MI  48304
(248) 341-2000 6.9024,031
- 1,113 students | 7.40 Mi800 West Avon Road
Rochester,  MI  48307
(248) 218-2000 7.401,113
- 22,914 students | 7.60 Mi14500 E Twelve Mile Rd
Warren,  MI  48088
(586) 445-7999 7.6022,914
- 289 students | 8.40 Mi26999 Central Park Blvd., Ste. 125
Southfield,  MI  48076
(248) 213-1610 8.40289
- 2,703 students | 9.50 Mi1500 University Drive
Auburn Hills,  MI  48326
(248) 340-0600 9.502,703
We analyze a recent report from U.S. News that states politicians and business leaders are urging high schoolers to look at community college as a viable step after high school.
Can armed officers make a community college campus safer? Many community colleges think so. Learn about the growing trend of armed guards on community college campuses.
Learn about athletics in community colleges - what sports are typically offered and their role in the student experience.