ITT Technical Institute-Saint Rose (Closed 2016)
- ITT Educational Services, Inc. is a leading private college system focused on technology-oriented programs of study. It operates over 105 ITT Technical Institutes in 37 states which predominantly provide career-focused, degree programs to approximately 70,000 students. Headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, it has been actively involved in the higher education community in the United States since 1969. Students attend classes year-round with convenient breaks provided throughout the year. Classes are typically available in the morning, afternoon and evening, depending on student enrollment. This class schedule offers students flexibility to pursue part-time employment opportunities.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Saint Rose||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||414 students||1,493 students|
|# Full-Time Students||354 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||60 students||1,111 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,800||$28,200|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Saint Rose is Herzing University New Orleans (2.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 361 students | 2.80 Mi2500 Williams Boulevard
Kenner,  LA  70062
- 381 students | 2.80 Mi2500 Williams Blvd
Kenner,  LA  70062
- 289 students | 5.50 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie,  LA  70001
- 892 students | 6.70 Mi3200 Cleary Ave
Metairie,  LA  70002
- 18,684 students | 10.60 Mi615 City Park Ave
New Orleans,  LA  70119
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.