ITT Technical Institute-Orland Park (Closed 2016)
The teacher population of 20 teachers has grown by 66% over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Orland Park||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||123 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- ITT Technical Institute, Matteson, is one of a network of coeducational, non-denominational private postsecondary educational institutions owned and operated by ITT Educational Services, Inc., a Delaware corporation. ITT Technical Institute, Portland, Oregon was started in 1971 under the name United Electronics Institute. ITT Educational Services, Inc., purchased the school in 1978 and in April 1979, the name of the school was changed to ITT Technical Institute. The school moved to its present location in October 1988. The school offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design and Information Technology and bachelor of science degree programs of study in Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Data Communication Systems Technology, Digital Entertainment and Game Design, Electronics and Communications Engineering Technology, Industrial Automation Engineering Technology, Technical Project Management and Information Systems Security. A branch is located in Matteson, Illinois. ITT Technical Institute, Matteson, Illinois opened in June 1993, offering Electronics Engineering Technology. The school now offers associate of applied science degree programs of study in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, Computer Drafting and Design, Information Technology-Computer Network Systems, and Information Technology-Multimedia and a bachelor of applied science degree program of study in Technical Project Management. The facility consists of approximately 27,400 square feet which includes theory classrooms and laboratories, a resource center, a student lounge and administrative offices. Ample parking is available for students, staff and visitors. Special facilities available for disabled persons include specially equipped restrooms, a pay phone and water fountain at wheelchair height, and parking spaces for disabled persons. The facility is in compliance with federal, state and local ordinances and regulations, including those relating to safety and health. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award associate of applied science and bachelor of applied science degrees.
The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Orland Park is Moraine Valley Community College (10.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 15,286 students | 10.80 Mi9000 W. College Parkway
Palos Hills,  IL  60465
(708) 974-4300 10.8015,286
- 4,574 students | 13.60 Mi202 South Halsted Street
Chicago Heights,  IL  60411
(708) 709-3500 13.604,574
- 743 students | 14.60 Mi7725 South Harlem Avenue
Bridgeview,  IL  60455
(708) 237-5050 14.60743
- 15,776 students | 14.90 Mi1215 Houbolt Rd
Joliet,  IL  60431
(815) 729-9020 14.9015,776
- 4,329 students | 15.00 Mi15800 South State Street
South Holland,  IL  60473
(708) 596-2000 15.004,329
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.