Heritage Institute-Ft Myers (Closed 2016)
- The teacher population of 39 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Heritage Institute-Ft Myers||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||39 staff||37 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||7||10|
|Total Enrollment||738 students||1,142 students|
|# Full-Time Students||738 students||487 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,400||$30,300|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2015)||87%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2015)||$13,233||$11,875|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2015)||$4,750||$6,334|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Heritage Institute-Ft Myers is Florida SouthWestern State College (2.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 15,389 students | 2.70 Mi8099 College Parkway
Fort Myers,  FL  33919
- 1,259 students | 4.00 Mi1685 Medical Lane
Fort Myers,  FL  33907
- 2,780 students | 73.80 Mi600 W College Dr
Avon Park,  FL  33825
- 143 students | 76.20 Mi616 67th Street Circle East
Bradenton,  FL  34208
- 10,314 students | 76.70 Mi5840 26th St W
Bradenton,  FL  34207
With another community college planning to open campus housing for the next academic year, we analyze the pros and cons of campus housing for community colleges.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.