- The mission of Southwest Florida College is to provide an education to men and women that will enable them to pursue successful careers and lead enriched lives.
Southern Technical College serves 1,125 students (93% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 60% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 59%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,125 students
- Private-state tuition: $13,860
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 60%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 120 teachers has grown by 87% over five years.
Southern Technical College
(FL) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
Four or more years
Private, for profit
The student population of Southern Technical College has grown by 26% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 8:1 over five years.
The Southern Technical College diversity score of 0.70 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $13,860 is less than the state average of $16,140. The private state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- With two campuses, one in Tampa and one in Ft. Myers, Southwest Florida College is a private, non-profit and accredited senior college. Southwest Florida College is a Florida career school that offers a future by helping you acquire the skills you need to be in demand in today's competitive workplace. Whether you want education and training for a new career or additional skills that will enhance your performance in your current career, Southwest Florida College's skilled team of professionals has tailored programs that are suited to meet your needs. The College offers Associate degrees, diplomas or certificates in Accounting Technology, Computer Aided Drafting and Design, Information Technology Management, Criminal Justice, Graphic Design, Hospitality Management, Management and Marketing, Medical Administration, Medical Assisting, Medical Transcription, Microsoft? Network Engineer and Systems Administrator, Paralegal Studies, Pharmacy Technician, Surgical Technician, Technical Administration, Medical Records & Coding, Early Childhood Education and Network Security & Computer Forensics. The College offers day, evening and weekend classes so that your training fits with your busy schedule. Learn at your convenience and at your own pace. Southwest Florida College (Fort Myers and Tampa) is authorized to award Associate of Science degrees by the Commission for Independent Education Colleges and Universities, Department of Education Tallahassee, FL. Southwest Florida College is accredited as a Senior College by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Southern Technical College cost?
Southern Technical College's private state tuition is approximately $13,860.
What schools are Southern Technical College often compared to?
Southern Technical Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Florida SouthWestern State College by visitors of our site.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.