Heald College-Honolulu (Closed 2015)
- The teacher population of 46 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Heald College-Honolulu||(HI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||46 staff||129 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,401 students||3,809 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,093 students||1,325 students|
|# Part-Time Students||308 students||2,484 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,900||$33,900|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Heald College is a regionally accredited, private career college that has been preparing students for rewarding careers in Healthcare, Business, Legal, and Technology for over 140 years. We started with one campus in San Francisco, back in 1863, and we've expanded to 11 campuses across the western United States: Concord, Fresno, Hayward, Rancho Cordova, Roseville, Salinas, San Francisco, San Jose, Stockton, Honolulu and Portland. Heald's Honolulu campus has a rich Hawaiian heritage. We're proud of our reputation for high quality education that began in 1917 with the founding campus, Honolulu Business College, and continued in 1934 with the establishment of Cannon's School of Business. The campus that stands today joined the Heald College family in 1993. As the greater Honolulu area emerges as a great market for new jobs with top employers, we continue educating students to become uniquely qualified for rewarding careers in business, technology, legal, and healthcare. Designed to provide the ideal learning environment for people who are looking for a student-centered, career-focused education, the Heald philosophy is based on small class sizes and outstanding instruction. All Heald campuses are regionally accredited through the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). That means we're recognized by the U.S. Department of Education for meeting high standards for providing excellence in education.
- The nearest community college to Heald College-Honolulu is Remington College-Honolulu Campus (1.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 442 students | 1.70 Mi1111 Bishop St Ste 400
Honolulu,  HI  96813
- 4,144 students | 2.70 Mi874 Dillingham Blvd
Honolulu,  HI  96817
- 7,994 students | 3.10 Mi4303 Diamond Head Rd
Honolulu,  HI  96816
- 2,661 students | 8.20 Mi45-720 Keaahala Rd
Kaneohe,  HI  96744
- 7,742 students | 11.30 Mi96-045 Ala Ike
Pearl City,  HI  96782
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.