Harrison College-Terre Haute
- Since 1902, Indiana Business College, a post-secondary, proprietary educational institution, has been providing men and women with the skills necessary to attain a career in business, industry, and the public sector.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Harrison College-Terre Haute||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||312 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||244 students||507 students|
|# Part-Time Students||68 students||1,299 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.00||0.58|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,400||$31,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- For over 100 years, Indiana Business College's number one goal has been to educate students and have them become productively employed. The college has developed an enviable reputation as a dedicated two-year Associate of Applied Science degree granting institution graduating students from job-oriented programs into successful careers. The IBC Terre Haute campus is located on the south side of the city, right off US 41 behind Honey Creek Mall. The south side of Vigo County is the most desirable location for access to jobs, restaurants, shopping and housing. IBC students travel from every direction to pursue a career in business, accounting or medical related fields of study. Indiana Business College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award Certificates, Diplomas and Associate of Applied Science Degrees. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education. Its accreditation of degree-granting institutions also is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Indiana Business College Medical Assisting programs at the Evansville, Fort Wayne, Medical, and Terre Haute campuses are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) on the recommendation of the Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistant's Endowment (AAMAE).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,610 students | 6.20 Mi8000 S Education Dr
Terre Haute,  IN  47802
- 1,031 students | 35.10 Mi11220 State Hwy 1
Robinson,  IL  62454
- 5,808 students | 43.90 Mi200 Daniels Way
Bloomington,  IN  47404
- 3,207 students | 49.10 Mi2000 E Main St
Danville,  IL  61832
- 17,258 students | 53.70 Mi1002 N First St
Vincennes,  IN  47591
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.