Harrison College-Terre Haute
- Since 1902, Indiana Business College, a post-secondary, proprietary educational institution, has been providing men and women with the skills necessary to attain a career in business, industry, and the public sector.
Top Placements (Indiana)
Listed among the top community colleges in Indiana for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Harrison College-Terre Haute||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||312 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||244 students||507 students|
|# Part-Time Students||68 students||1,299 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,400||$29,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- For over 100 years, Indiana Business College's number one goal has been to educate students and have them become productively employed. The college has developed an enviable reputation as a dedicated two-year Associate of Applied Science degree granting institution graduating students from job-oriented programs into successful careers. The IBC Terre Haute campus is located on the south side of the city, right off US 41 behind Honey Creek Mall. The south side of Vigo County is the most desirable location for access to jobs, restaurants, shopping and housing. IBC students travel from every direction to pursue a career in business, accounting or medical related fields of study. Indiana Business College is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award Certificates, Diplomas and Associate of Applied Science Degrees. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education. Its accreditation of degree-granting institutions also is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Indiana Business College Medical Assisting programs at the Evansville, Fort Wayne, Medical, and Terre Haute campuses are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) on the recommendation of the Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistant's Endowment (AAMAE).
- The nearest community college to Harrison College-Terre Haute is Ivy Tech Community College-Wabash Valley (6.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,610 students | 6.20 Mi8000 S Education Dr
Terre Haute,  IN  47802
- 1,031 students | 35.10 Mi11220 State Hwy 1
Robinson,  IL  62454
- 5,808 students | 43.90 Mi200 Daniels Way
Bloomington,  IN  47404
- 3,207 students | 49.10 Mi2000 E Main St
Danville,  IL  61832
- 17,258 students | 53.70 Mi1002 N First St
Vincennes,  IN  47591
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.