- For over one hundred years, the Anderson campus has been educating individuals just like you. Our educational and organizational aim has been to change lives, one student at a time, and we take great pride in the education we provide to each student. We understand that first impressions are important; that’s why Harrison College schedules personalized Admissions appointments for students interested in attending our school. During this one-on-one session, you and an admissions representative will have a chance to talk about the possibilities that Harrison College can provide to you and the endless rewards you will experience as a result of having a college degree. At the Anderson campus we are committed to the success of every student. As a result of that focus, we eliminate many of the non-related subjects in order to concentrate on the major program of study. Secondly, we maintain programs designed around the recognized skills necessary in each career field and provide a personalized environment conducive to growth and development of students.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Harrison College-Anderson||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||280 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||240 students||507 students|
|# Part-Time Students||40 students||1,299 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,400||$29,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Harrison College-Anderson is Alexandria School of Scientific Therapeutics (13.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 37 students | 13.40 Mi809 S Harrison St
Alexandria,  IN  46001
- 12,400 students | 15.60 Mi4301 S Cowan Rd
Muncie,  IN  47302
- 236 students | 19.10 Mi411 W Riggin Rd
Muncie,  IN  47303
- 354 students | 22.80 Mi7205 Shadeland Station
Indianapolis,  IN  46256
- 529 students | 23.10 Mi6612 E 75th St Suite 300
Indianapolis,  IN  46250
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.