Gateway Community and Technical College
- Gateway Community and Technical College (GCTC) is one of the fastest-growing community colleges in the nation. Our mission, as a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, is to offer a high-quality, targeted education to meet the professional and personal goals of all Kentuckians. Gateway offers daytime, evening and weekend classes at three convenient campus locations. Choose the academic program that best fits your needs. Earn a two-year associate degree in a subject such as Business Administration or Criminal Justice, or complete shorter certificates and diplomas in dozens of sought-after careers. Having a clear vision, a strong set of core values, and a well defined mission are critical components for a strong foundation of educational excellence. It is also necessary to have a comprehensive, attainable strategy for meeting the mission of the college. At Gateway we pride ourselves in having a culture of collaboration that engages our students, our employees, and our community in a continuous dialogue on the future of learning in a global marketplace. We encourage you to share our enthusiasm for the future by exploring our strategy to Make Change Happen.
- The teacher population of 184 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Gateway Community and Technical College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||184 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,594 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,360 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,234 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,100||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Gateway Community and Technical College is Beckfield College-Florence (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 712 students | 3.90 Mi16 Spiral Drive
Florence,  KY  41042
- 306 students | 6.50 Mi309 Buttermilk Pike
Ft Mitchell,  KY  41017
- 29 students | 12.60 Mi119 Fairfield Avenue
Bellevue,  KY  41073
- 712 students | 12.90 Mi2139 Auburn Avenue
Cincinnati,  OH  45219
- 353 students | 13.80 Mi375 Dixmyth Ave
Cincinnati,  OH  45220
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.