Gateway Community and Technical College
- Gateway Community and Technical College (GCTC) is one of the fastest-growing community colleges in the nation. Our mission, as a member of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, is to offer a high-quality, targeted education to meet the professional and personal goals of all Kentuckians. Gateway offers daytime, evening and weekend classes at three convenient campus locations. Choose the academic program that best fits your needs. Earn a two-year associate degree in a subject such as Business Administration or Criminal Justice, or complete shorter certificates and diplomas in dozens of sought-after careers. Having a clear vision, a strong set of core values, and a well defined mission are critical components for a strong foundation of educational excellence. It is also necessary to have a comprehensive, attainable strategy for meeting the mission of the college. At Gateway we pride ourselves in having a culture of collaboration that engages our students, our employees, and our community in a continuous dialogue on the future of learning in a global marketplace. We encourage you to share our enthusiasm for the future by exploring our strategy to Make Change Happen.
- The teacher population of 184 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Gateway Community and Technical College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||184 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,594 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,360 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,234 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,100||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Gateway Community and Technical College is Beckfield College-Florence (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 712 students | 3.90 Mi16 Spiral Drive
Florence,  KY  41042
- 306 students | 6.50 Mi309 Buttermilk Pike
Ft Mitchell,  KY  41017
- 173 students | 11.90 Mi124 E Seventh St
Cincinnati,  OH  45202
- 29 students | 12.60 Mi119 Fairfield Avenue
Bellevue,  KY  41073
- 712 students | 12.90 Mi2139 Auburn Avenue
Cincinnati,  OH  45219
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.