- MedVance Institute offers training to individuals who are planning today to be part of the medical profession tomorrow. To help meet the national demand for allied health professionals, MedVance is focused on offering its students a variety of medical programs.
Fortis Institute-Cookeville serves 302 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 22:1 is higher than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 12% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the state average of 27%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 302 students
- Private-state tuition: $13,715
- Acceptance Rate: 83%
- Student:teacher ratio: 22:1
- Minority enrollment: 12%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
(TN) Community College Avg.
Not applicable, not in Carnegie universe (not accredited or nondegree-granting)
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Private, for profit
The student population of Fortis Institute-Cookeville has grown by 72% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 22:1 has increased from 15:1 over five years.
The Fortis Institute-Cookeville diversity score of 0.22 is less than the state average of 0.44. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $13,715 is more than the state average of $13,551. The private state tuition has declined by 7% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- MedVance Institute, formerly known as Cumberland School of Medical Technology, was established in June 1970 in Cookeville, Tennessee with a program of study for Medical Laboratory Technicians. The school was founded to provide career opportunities in the allied health professions. Graduates of the school are employed throughout the region and surrounding states in hospital laboratories, reference laboratories, medical businesses and industry. In May of 2000 KIMC Investments, L.P. acquired both campuses of Cumberland School of Technology. The school name was changed to MedVance Institute in July 2000 and two new programs, Medical Assistant and Medical Coding Specialist, were added to the curriculum. In 2001 Limited X-Ray, Patient Care Technician, Dental Assistant, Phlebotomy and Radiology Technology programs were added. In November 2001, The Florida Board of Education, Commission For Independent Education granted licensure for MedVance Institute to open a campus in Atlantis, Florida. The programs offered include Bio- Medical Electronics, Medical Laboratory Technology, Radiologic Technology, Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting, Medical Coding Specialist, Medical Office Administration, Patient Care Technician and Phlebotomy.On Jan 24, 2002 the Florida Commission approved additional new programs including Pharmacy Technician, Clinical Lab Assistant and the certificate program, Nursing Assistant. In March 2002, the Council of Occupational Education approved the Atlantis, Florida location of MedVance as an accredited branch of the main campus located in Cookeville, Tennessee. Medvance Institute offers Occupational Associate Degree program in Medical Laboratory Technology (18-Month Program) and Radiologic Technology (24-Month Program). Diploma programs includes Medical Assistant (9-Month Program), Medical Coding Specialist (12-Month Program), Medical Office Administration (9-Month Program), Pharmacy Technician (9-Month Program) and Surgical Technology (13-Month Program). The MedVance Institute campuses in Tennessee, Texas, Miami and Palm Springs, Florida are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Fortis Institute-Cookeville cost?
Fortis Institute-Cookeville's private state tuition is approximately $13,715.
What is the acceptance rate of Fortis Institute-Cookeville?
The acceptance rate of Fortis Institute-Cookeville is 83%, which is lower than the state average of 91%.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.