Tel: (931) 526-3660
- MedVance Institute offers training to individuals who are planning today to be part of the medical profession tomorrow. To help meet the national demand for allied health professionals, MedVance is focused on offering its students a variety of medical programs.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fortis Institute-Cookeville||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||226 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||226 students||369 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,300||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- MedVance Institute, formerly known as Cumberland School of Medical Technology, was established in June 1970 in Cookeville, Tennessee with a program of study for Medical Laboratory Technicians. The school was founded to provide career opportunities in the allied health professions. Graduates of the school are employed throughout the region and surrounding states in hospital laboratories, reference laboratories, medical businesses and industry. In May of 2000 KIMC Investments, L.P. acquired both campuses of Cumberland School of Technology. The school name was changed to MedVance Institute in July 2000 and two new programs, Medical Assistant and Medical Coding Specialist, were added to the curriculum. In 2001 Limited X-Ray, Patient Care Technician, Dental Assistant, Phlebotomy and Radiology Technology programs were added. In November 2001, The Florida Board of Education, Commission For Independent Education granted licensure for MedVance Institute to open a campus in Atlantis, Florida. The programs offered include Bio- Medical Electronics, Medical Laboratory Technology, Radiologic Technology, Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting, Medical Coding Specialist, Medical Office Administration, Patient Care Technician and Phlebotomy.On Jan 24, 2002 the Florida Commission approved additional new programs including Pharmacy Technician, Clinical Lab Assistant and the certificate program, Nursing Assistant. In March 2002, the Council of Occupational Education approved the Atlantis, Florida location of MedVance as an accredited branch of the main campus located in Cookeville, Tennessee. Medvance Institute offers Occupational Associate Degree program in Medical Laboratory Technology (18-Month Program) and Radiologic Technology (24-Month Program). Diploma programs includes Medical Assistant (9-Month Program), Medical Coding Specialist (12-Month Program), Medical Office Administration (9-Month Program), Pharmacy Technician (9-Month Program) and Surgical Technology (13-Month Program). The MedVance Institute campuses in Tennessee, Texas, Miami and Palm Springs, Florida are accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE).
- The nearest community college to Fortis Institute-Cookeville is Roane State Community College (51.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,094 students | 51.30 Mi276 Patton Lane
Harriman,  TN  37748
(865) 354-3000 51.306,094
- 131 students | 56.40 Mi415 Golden Bear Court
Murfreesboro,  TN  37128
(615) 217-9347 56.40131
- 7,664 students | 58.40 Mi1480 Nashville Pike
Gallatin,  TN  37066
(615) 452-8600 58.407,664
- 369 students | 66.10 Mi750 Envious Lane
Nashville,  TN  37217
(615) 279-8300 66.10369
- 380 students | 66.20 Mi441 Donelson Pk Ste 150
Nashville,  TN  37214
(615) 889-5520 66.20380
Learn how online courses broaden the options of a community college education.
Community college is not just for young adults; learn how your kids can take advantage of learning opportunities offered at your local community college campus.
Sex offenders may soon be banned on community colleges. Learn about the community college that has taken this watershed step in preventing children sex offenders from taking classes on campus.