Fortis College-Cuyahoga Falls
- At Fortis College, we pride ourselves in providing postsecondary career education to both traditional and nontraditional students through a variety of degree and diploma programs. These programs are designed to assist students in enhancing their career opportunities and improving problem-solving abilities. Fortis College also strives to develop within its students the desire for lifelong and continued education. We provide an educational process that offers a change-oriented approach giving graduates the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in existing and emerging career occupations.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fortis College-Cuyahoga Falls||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||526 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||449 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||77 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,000||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Fortis College-Cuyahoga Falls is National College-Stow (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 80 students | 3.80 Mi3855 Fishcreek Rd
Stow,  OH  44224
- 533 students | 7.00 Mi755 White Pond Dr., Suite 101
Akron,  OH  44320
- 478 students | 8.10 Mi1600 South Arlington Street, Suite 100
Akron,  OH  44306
- 72 students | 9.90 Mi225 Heritage Woods Dr
Akron,  OH  44321
- 43 students | 10.90 Mi3681 Manchester Rd.
Akron,  OH  44319
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.