Fortis College-Cuyahoga Falls
Tel: (330) 923-9959
- At Fortis College, we pride ourselves in providing postsecondary career education to both traditional and nontraditional students through a variety of degree and diploma programs. These programs are designed to assist students in enhancing their career opportunities and improving problem-solving abilities. Fortis College also strives to develop within its students the desire for lifelong and continued education. We provide an educational process that offers a change-oriented approach giving graduates the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in existing and emerging career occupations.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fortis College-Cuyahoga Falls||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||35 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Fortis College-Cuyahoga Falls is National College-Stow (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 80 students | 3.80 Mi3855 Fishcreek Rd
Stow,  OH  44224
(330) 676-1351 3.8080
- 533 students | 6.90 Mi755 White Pond Dr., Suite 101
Akron,  OH  44320
(330) 869-3600 6.90533
- 497 students | 8.00 Mi1600 South Arlington Street, Suite 100
Akron,  OH  44306
(330) 724-1600 8.00497
- 72 students | 9.80 Mi225 Heritage Woods Dr
Akron,  OH  44321
(330) 665-1084 9.8072
- 43 students | 10.90 Mi3681 Manchester Rd.
Akron,  OH  44319
(330) 867-1996 10.9043
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!