Fortis College-Cuyahoga Falls
- At Fortis College, we pride ourselves in providing postsecondary career education to both traditional and nontraditional students through a variety of degree and diploma programs. These programs are designed to assist students in enhancing their career opportunities and improving problem-solving abilities. Fortis College also strives to develop within its students the desire for lifelong and continued education. We provide an educational process that offers a change-oriented approach giving graduates the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in existing and emerging career occupations.
- The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fortis College-Cuyahoga Falls||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||526 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||449 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||77 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,000||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Fortis College-Cuyahoga Falls is National College-Stow (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 80 students | 3.80 Mi3855 Fishcreek Rd
Stow,  OH  44224
- 533 students | 7.00 Mi755 White Pond Dr., Suite 101
Akron,  OH  44320
- 478 students | 8.10 Mi1600 South Arlington Street, Suite 100
Akron,  OH  44306
- 72 students | 9.90 Mi225 Heritage Woods Dr
Akron,  OH  44321
- 43 students | 10.90 Mi3681 Manchester Rd.
Akron,  OH  44319
To a graduating high school senior, grades are everything. But how do colleges view bad grades and can you still get into college without a perfect GPA? Keep reading to find out.
Though homeschoolers often get a bad rap, they are some of the highest performing students in the country - especially in college. Keep reading to learn more about community college for homeschoolers including tips for applying and preparing for college.
Remedial education exists to help struggling students succeed in college-level classes. Unfortunately, the existing model may be doing more harm than good. Keep reading to learn more about the history of remedial education and what community colleges are doing to change it.