Fortis College-Cuyahoga Falls
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (330) 923-9959
- At Fortis College, we pride ourselves in providing postsecondary career education to both traditional and nontraditional students through a variety of degree and diploma programs. These programs are designed to assist students in enhancing their career opportunities and improving problem-solving abilities. Fortis College also strives to develop within its students the desire for lifelong and continued education. We provide an educational process that offers a change-oriented approach giving graduates the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in existing and emerging career occupations.
The teacher population of 29 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Fortis College-Cuyahoga Falls||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Health Professions||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||29 staff||40 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Fortis College-Cuyahoga Falls is Brown Mackie College-Akron (6.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 533 students | 6.90 Mi755 White Pond Dr., Suite 101
Akron,  OH  44320
(330) 869-3600 6.90533
- 494 students | 8.00 Mi1600 South Arlington Street, Suite 100
Akron,  OH  44306
(330) 724-1600 8.00494
- 72 students | 9.80 Mi225 Heritage Woods Dr
Akron,  OH  44321
(330) 665-1084 9.8072
- 43 students | 10.90 Mi3681 Manchester Rd.
Akron,  OH  44319
(330) 867-1996 10.9043
- 15 students | 11.70 Mi653 Enterprise Parkway
Ravenna,  OH  44266
(330) 297-7319 11.7015
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.