CUNY Medgar Evers College
Tel: (718) 270-4900
- Medgar Evers College was founded as a result of collaborative efforts by community leaders, elected officials, the Chancellor, and the Board of Trustees of The City University of New York. The College, named for the late civil rights leader, Medgar Wiley Evers (1925-1963), was established in 1969 and named in 1970, with a mandate to meet the educational and social needs of the Central Brooklyn community. The College is committed to the fulfillment of this mandate. In keeping with the philosophy of The City University and Medgar Evers College, we believe that education has the power to positively transform the lives of individuals and is the right of all individuals in the pursuit of self-actualization. Consequently, the College's mission is to develop and maintain high quality, professional, career-oriented undergraduate degree programs in the context of liberal education. The College offers programs both at the baccalaureate and at the associate degree levels, giving close attention to the articulation between the two-year and the four-year programs. The College has a commitment to students who desire self-improvement, a sound education, an opportunity to develop a personal value system, and an opportunity to gain maximum benefits from life experience and from their environment.
The teacher population of 282 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|CUNY Medgar Evers College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||282 staff||88 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,356 students | 2.40 Mi81 Willoughby Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718) 522-9073 2.404,356
- 17,269 students | 2.60 Mi300 Jay St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718) 260-5500 2.6017,269
- n/a students | 3.40 Mi1213 elm ave
Brooklyn, NY 11230
(718) 339-4747 3.40n/a
- 545 students | 4.20 Mi11 Park Place 4th Floor
New York, NY 10007
(212) 962-0002 4.20545
- 1,011 students | 4.30 Mi408 Broadway 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10013
(212) 226-7300 4.301,011
In spite of the recession, composite technicians are in high demand. Learn about this green career and how you can get the training for the available jobs in just weeks.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.