CUNY Medgar Evers College
- Medgar Evers College was founded as a result of collaborative efforts by community leaders, elected officials, the Chancellor, and the Board of Trustees of The City University of New York. The College, named for the late civil rights leader, Medgar Wiley Evers (1925-1963), was established in 1969 and named in 1970, with a mandate to meet the educational and social needs of the Central Brooklyn community. The College is committed to the fulfillment of this mandate. In keeping with the philosophy of The City University and Medgar Evers College, we believe that education has the power to positively transform the lives of individuals and is the right of all individuals in the pursuit of self-actualization. Consequently, the College's mission is to develop and maintain high quality, professional, career-oriented undergraduate degree programs in the context of liberal education. The College offers programs both at the baccalaureate and at the associate degree levels, giving close attention to the articulation between the two-year and the four-year programs. The College has a commitment to students who desire self-improvement, a sound education, an opportunity to develop a personal value system, and an opportunity to gain maximum benefits from life experience and from their environment.
- Enrollment: 5,237 students
- In-state tuition: $6,332
- Out-state tuition: $13,142
- Acceptance Rate: 78%
- Student:teacher ratio: 7:1
- Minority enrollment: 99%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does CUNY Medgar Evers College cost?
CUNY Medgar Evers College's tuition is approximately $6,332 for In-State students and $13,142 for Out-State students.
What schools are CUNY Medgar Evers College often compared to?
CUNY Medgar Evers Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like CUNY Kingsborough Community College by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of CUNY Medgar Evers College?
The acceptance rate of CUNY Medgar Evers College is 78%, which is higher than the state average of 72%.
What is CUNY Medgar Evers College's ranking?
CUNY Medgar Evers College ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Average community college minority breakdown.