Arkansas State University-Newport
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (870) 512-7800
- Arkansas State University Newport is a great place to start one’s higher education whether it is for job training, professional certification, general education requirements, or an Associates degree. Arkansas State University Newport's mission is to provide an affordable, quality education. ASUN is an institution where students come first, learning is a reality, goals are obtained and dreams are fulfilled. ASU-Newport is a great place to start if your goal is to obtain a General Equivalency Diploma, an Associate Degree, professional development, personal development or to transfer to another institution. We value partnerships in developing relevant educational programs and in providing learning opportunities and seamless educational services to the community we serve.
Arkansas State University-Newport places among the top 20% of community colleges in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
The teacher population of 88 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Arkansas State University-Newport||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||88 staff||62 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Arkansas State University-Newport is University of Arkansas Community College-Batesville (26.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,319 students | 26.30 Mi2005 White Drive
Batesville,  AR  72503
(870) 612-2000 26.301,319
- 1,582 students | 43.60 Mi1410 Hwy 304 East
Pocahontas,  AR  72455
(870) 248-4000 43.601,582
- 198 students | 44.90 Mi100 College Dr
Paragould,  AR  72450
(870) 236-6901 44.90198
- 1,151 students | 47.70 Mi1700 Newcastle Rd
Forrest City,  AR  72335
(870) 633-0000000 47.701,151
- 1,123 students | 48.90 Mi218 College Dr
Melbourne,  AR  72556
(870) 368-7371 48.901,123
Learn about how the failure of the American auto industry, along with President Obama's education initiatives, will translate into increased enrollment in community college campuses.
Learn about a new option students are using to finance their community college education: savings-matching programs.
As tuition rates at community colleges increase nationwide, we share options in financial aid and other tips to make the college experience more affordable, including what the government has proposed to keep community college affordable.