Arkansas State University-Newport
- Arkansas State University Newport is a great place to start one’s higher education whether it is for job training, professional certification, general education requirements, or an Associates degree. Arkansas State University Newport's mission is to provide an affordable, quality education. ASUN is an institution where students come first, learning is a reality, goals are obtained and dreams are fulfilled. ASU-Newport is a great place to start if your goal is to obtain a General Equivalency Diploma, an Associate Degree, professional development, personal development or to transfer to another institution. We value partnerships in developing relevant educational programs and in providing learning opportunities and seamless educational services to the community we serve.
Arkansas State University-Newport places among the top 20% of community colleges in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
The teacher population of 88 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Arkansas State University-Newport||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||88 staff||62 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Arkansas State University-Newport is University of Arkansas Community College-Batesville (26.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,315 students | 26.30 Mi2005 White Drive
Batesville,  AR  72503
(870) 612-2000 26.301,315
- 1,963 students | 43.60 Mi1410 Hwy 304 East
Pocahontas,  AR  72455
(870) 248-4000 43.601,963
- 230 students | 44.90 Mi100 College Dr
Paragould,  AR  72450
(870) 236-6901 44.90230
- 1,268 students | 47.70 Mi1700 Newcastle Rd
Forrest City,  AR  72335
(870) 633-4480 47.701,268
- 1,326 students | 48.90 Mi218 College Dr
Melbourne,  AR  72556
(870) 368-7371 48.901,326
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.