Arkansas State University-Newport
- Arkansas State University Newport is a great place to start one’s higher education whether it is for job training, professional certification, general education requirements, or an Associates degree. Arkansas State University Newport's mission is to provide an affordable, quality education. ASUN is an institution where students come first, learning is a reality, goals are obtained and dreams are fulfilled. ASU-Newport is a great place to start if your goal is to obtain a General Equivalency Diploma, an Associate Degree, professional development, personal development or to transfer to another institution. We value partnerships in developing relevant educational programs and in providing learning opportunities and seamless educational services to the community we serve.
Arkansas State University-Newport places among the top 20% of community colleges in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 88 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Arkansas State University-Newport||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||88 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,477 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,004 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,473 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,600||$28,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Arkansas State University-Newport is University of Arkansas Community College-Batesville (26.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,315 students | 26.30 Mi2005 White Drive
Batesville,  AR  72503
- 1,963 students | 43.60 Mi1410 Hwy 304 East
Pocahontas,  AR  72455
- 230 students | 44.90 Mi100 College Dr
Paragould,  AR  72450
- 1,268 students | 47.70 Mi1700 Newcastle Rd
Forrest City,  AR  72335
- 1,326 students | 48.90 Mi218 College Dr
Melbourne,  AR  72556
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.