Arkansas State University-Newport
- Arkansas State University Newport is a great place to start one’s higher education whether it is for job training, professional certification, general education requirements, or an Associates degree. Arkansas State University Newport's mission is to provide an affordable, quality education. ASUN is an institution where students come first, learning is a reality, goals are obtained and dreams are fulfilled. ASU-Newport is a great place to start if your goal is to obtain a General Equivalency Diploma, an Associate Degree, professional development, personal development or to transfer to another institution. We value partnerships in developing relevant educational programs and in providing learning opportunities and seamless educational services to the community we serve.
Arkansas State University-Newport places among the top 20% of community colleges in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- The teacher population of 88 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Arkansas State University-Newport||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||88 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,477 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,004 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,473 students||926 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,600||$28,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Arkansas State University-Newport is University of Arkansas Community College-Batesville (26.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,315 students | 26.20 Mi2005 White Drive
Batesville,  AR  72503
- 1,963 students | 43.50 Mi1410 Hwy 304 East
Pocahontas,  AR  72455
- 230 students | 44.90 Mi100 College Dr
Paragould,  AR  72450
- 1,268 students | 47.10 Mi1700 Newcastle Rd
Forrest City,  AR  72335
- 1,326 students | 48.90 Mi218 College Dr
Melbourne,  AR  72556
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.