Consolidated School of Business-York (Closed 2018)
- Located in beautiful south central Pennsylvania, CSB is a small, private school with campuses in York county and Lancaster county. Our Associate in Specialized Business degree and diploma programs provide students with relevant, practical, problem-solving curriculums for today?s world of business and technology.
- The teacher population of 7 teachers has declined by 56% over five years.
|Consolidated School of Business-York||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||7 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||9||8|
|Total Enrollment||107 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||106 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1 students||246 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,500||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid (Year 2016)||100%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates (Year 2015)||$17,950||$12,223|
|Median Debt for Dropouts (Year 2015)||$6,334||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Consolidated School of Business was incorporated in November 1981. In February 1982, the Pennsylvania Department of Education, State Board of Private Licensed Schools approved CSB licensure to open a business school in York. The school was awarded accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) in December 1984. CSB's York campus is located in the York City Business and Industry Park. The campus includes 13 classrooms, a medical lab, a learning resource center, a student lounge, and a spacious student patio. The building is situated on 6.2 acres with 200 on-site parking spaces available. Students with disabilities will find that the building is equipped to meet their needs. CSB offers Degree Programs in Business Administration, Computerized Accounting Management, Computerized Office Management, Legal Administrative Assistant and Medical Administrative Assistant. The college offers Diploma Programs in Clerical Accounting Specialist, Legal Office Specialist, Medical Office Specialist and Office Associate.
- The nearest community college to Consolidated School of Business-York is Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York (3.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,172 students | 3.60 Mi1031 Edgecomb Avenue
York,  PA  17403
- 1,677 students | 5.10 Mi1405 Williams Road
York,  PA  17402
- 217 students | 19.30 Mi5650 Derry St
Harrisburg,  PA  17111
- 20,230 students | 22.40 Mi1 HACC Dr.
Harrisburg,  PA  17110
- 224 students | 24.00 Mi204 N Prince St
Lancaster,  PA  17608
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.