Columbia State Community College
- Columbia State Community College, a Tennessee Board of Regents institution in southern middle Tennessee, is dedicated to providing access to collegiate education, promoting lifelong learning and supporting community development.
- The teacher population of 161 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Columbia State Community College||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||161 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,117 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,092 students||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,025 students||262 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,100||$29,400|
- Columbia State, the first of Tennessee's community colleges, was founded in 1966. The college was temporarily housed in facilities throughout the city of Columbia until the present campus was occupied. On March 15, 1967, Lady Bird and Lyndon B. Johnson dedicated the Columbia campus. Today, the college serves close to 10,000 students per year in credit and continuing education courses and awards more than ten million dollars in financial aid. Five academic divisions offer students over 50 programs of study and the opportunity to earn a certificate, associate of arts, associate of science or associate of applied science degree. In addition to the Columbia campus, the college has locations in Lawrence, Marshall, Wayne and Williamson counties. Columbia State provides general transfer and career degrees, academic and technical certificates, developmental studies and continuing education opportunities at locations throughout the college's service area and online. The college promotes academic excellence with emphasis on student learning that builds knowledge, develops skills and broadens perspectives. In addition, Columbia State initiates partnerships in support of economic and community development and contributes to intellectual, cultural, physical and social advancement in its service area. Columbia State offers over 50 programs that can lead to a degree or certificate in Business & Technology, Developmental Studies, Health Sciences, Humanities, Science & Mathematics, Social Sciences, Education and Developmental Studies, Physical Education and University Partnerships. Columbia State Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
- The nearest community college to Columbia State Community College is National College-Nashville (37.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 517 students | 37.40 Mi1638 Bell Road
Nashville,  TN  37211
- 10,193 students | 38.50 Mi120 White Bridge Rd
Nashville,  TN  37209
- 472 students | 38.80 Mi4210 Harding Pike
Nashville,  TN  37205
- 367 students | 39.90 Mi3354 Perimeter Hill Drive, Suite 105
Nashville,  TN  37211
- 129 students | 41.30 Mi1616 Church St
Nashville,  TN  37203