Columbia State Community College
- Columbia State Community College, a Tennessee Board of Regents institution in southern middle Tennessee, is dedicated to providing access to collegiate education, promoting lifelong learning and supporting community development.
- Enrollment: 5,931 students
- In-state tuition: $3,799
- Out-state tuition: $14,863
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 18:1
- Minority enrollment: 19%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Columbia State, the first of Tennessee's community colleges, was founded in 1966. The college was temporarily housed in facilities throughout the city of Columbia until the present campus was occupied. On March 15, 1967, Lady Bird and Lyndon B. Johnson dedicated the Columbia campus. Today, the college serves close to 10,000 students per year in credit and continuing education courses and awards more than ten million dollars in financial aid. Five academic divisions offer students over 50 programs of study and the opportunity to earn a certificate, associate of arts, associate of science or associate of applied science degree. In addition to the Columbia campus, the college has locations in Lawrence, Marshall, Wayne and Williamson counties. Columbia State provides general transfer and career degrees, academic and technical certificates, developmental studies and continuing education opportunities at locations throughout the college's service area and online. The college promotes academic excellence with emphasis on student learning that builds knowledge, develops skills and broadens perspectives. In addition, Columbia State initiates partnerships in support of economic and community development and contributes to intellectual, cultural, physical and social advancement in its service area. Columbia State offers over 50 programs that can lead to a degree or certificate in Business & Technology, Developmental Studies, Health Sciences, Humanities, Science & Mathematics, Social Sciences, Education and Developmental Studies, Physical Education and University Partnerships. Columbia State Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Columbia State Community College cost?
Columbia State Community College's tuition is approximately $3,799 for In-State students and $14,863 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Columbia State Community College?
The acceptance rate of Columbia State Community College is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 71%.
What is Columbia State Community College's ranking?
Columbia State Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Tennessee for: Least expensive tuition.