Central Arizona College
- Central Arizona College provides a vibrant environment centered on learning and learner success. Our diverse college community values the power of innovation, continuous quality improvement and the contribution of the individual. Our commitment is to act as a catalyst for economic and cultural vibrancy and to inspire individuals to pursue their unique goals.
- The teacher population of 202 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Central Arizona College||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||202 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,937 students||6,476 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,925 students||1,336 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,012 students||5,140 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||400||337|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$31,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Central Arizona College provides a vibrant environment centered on learning and learner success. Our diverse college community values the power of innovation, continuous quality improvement and the contribution of the individual. Our commitment is to act as a catalyst for economic and cultural vibrancy and to inspire individuals to pursue their unique goals.Central Arizona College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and a participant of the Higher Learning Commission's Academic Quality Improvement Program.Central currently offers more than 50 university transfer programs and nearly 90 occupational and technical degrees and certificates, with many courses available online and on nights and weekends.The University Center, located at the Signal Peak campus, has been established by Central Arizona College as a means of providing Pinal County residents local, direct access to upper division programs and advanced degrees. This will be accomplished through the development of one or more partnerships with both private and public universities that will provide bachelor's degrees, master's degrees and continuing professional studies at the University Center. The two-story center has state-of-the-art multi-media capabilities, including interactive television classrooms.Other programs includes GED Classes and Testing, Tech Prep for High School Students, English as a Second Language and others special programs.
- The nearest community college to Central Arizona College is Chandler-Gilbert Community College (24.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 14,500 students | 24.70 Mi2626 E Pecos Rd
Chandler,  AZ  85225
- 154 students | 28.30 Mi2031 N. Arizona Ave., Suite 2
Chandler,  AZ  85225
- 12 students | 32.10 Mi875 W. Elliot Road Suite 206
Tempe,  AZ  85284
- n/a students | 32.10 Mi875 W Elliot Rd #126
Tempe,  AZ  85284
- 22,711 students | 32.60 Mi1833 W Southern Ave
Mesa,  AZ  85202
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.