Chandler-Gilbert Community College
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College serves students and its diverse communities by providing quality lifelong learning opportunities in a learner-centered environment through effective, accessible educational programs and activities.
Chandler-Gilbert Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Arizona for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 298 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Chandler-Gilbert Community College||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||298 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||14,500 students||6,476 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||49:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,236 students||1,336 students|
|# Part-Time Students||10,264 students||5,140 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$45,400||$31,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Chandler-Gilbert Community College is your affordable connection for Associate degree, university transfer, career training programs, and special interest courses. We serve the needs of the southeast valley including Chandler, Gilbert, and Queen Creek with college courses when you need them - mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends - and at 3 convenient locations. The Pecos Campus is a fully comprehensive campus with almost 250,000 square feet of facilities. The first construction phase for CGCC began at the Pecos Campus, and is home to the college Performing Arts Center, Student Center, and Library. The Pecos Campus also features complete general education and university transfer options, healthcare and wellness programs, and much more. The Pecos Campus of CGCC is located on Pecos Road between Cooper and Gilbert Roads in Chandler. CGCC's original campus opened in 1987 and is home to numerous associate degree, university transfer, general studies, occupational, and special interest courses and programs. Chandler-Gilbert Community College (CGCC) is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.
- The nearest community college to Chandler-Gilbert Community College is Golf Academy of America-Phoenix (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 154 students | 3.80 Mi2031 N. Arizona Ave., Suite 2
Chandler,  AZ  85225
- 22,711 students | 8.10 Mi1833 W Southern Ave
Mesa,  AZ  85202
- 1,038 students | 8.40 Mi957 S. Dobson Road
Mesa,  AZ  85202
- 12 students | 9.80 Mi875 W. Elliot Road Suite 206
Tempe,  AZ  85284
- n/a students | 9.80 Mi875 W Elliot Rd #126
Tempe,  AZ  85284
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.