Career Training Academy-Lower Burrell
- Career Training Academy is an institution of specialized learning that leads to fulfilling high skilled jobs. Our mission for the Academy is to provide the educational environment that enhances not only the educational aspect but also a personal enrichment of all students via our involvement in community service. CTA is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and Licensed by The State Board of Private Licensed Schools, Pennsylvania Department of Education.For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, careerta.edu/disclosures CTA is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and Licensed by The State Board of Private Licensed Schools, Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has grown by 9% over five years.
|Career Training Academy-Lower Burrell||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||8||8|
|Total Enrollment||120 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||120 students||372 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,300||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||90%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$12,223|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,334||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The programs are housed within approximately 10,000 square feet of air conditioned space at the newly renovated main school in New Kensington, PA, and 4800 square feet at our branch location in Monroeville, PA, at the ExpoMart and 6131 square feet at out branch location in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, PA at the Northway Mall. The classrooms, laboratories and massage classrooms and Student Massage Center are completely equipped with the necessary medical and dental equipment and materials, along with all the necessary massage equipment and products essential for the training of highly skilled students. Career Training Academy provides short term training in Allied Health, Secretarial Science, and Massage Therapy careers. CTA is licensed by the State Board of Private Licensed Schools and is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology. Career Training Academy offers a variety of programs for the Health Care field. AST and ASB degree programs are available as well as diploma (under one year) programs in Dental Assistant, Medical Assistant and Health Insurance Claims Examiner/Medical Biller.
- The nearest community college to Career Training Academy-Lower Burrell is Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science Inc (11.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 217 students | 11.40 Mi5808 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh,  PA  15206
- 80 students | 12.40 Mi1014 West View Park Drive
Pittsburgh,  PA  15229
- 114 students | 14.80 Mi421 Seventh Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15219
- n/a students | 14.80 Mi1940 Perrysville Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15214
- 226 students | 14.80 Mi1940 Perrysville Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15214
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.