Career Training Academy-Lower Burrell
- Career Training Academy is an institution of specialized learning that leads to fulfilling high skilled jobs. Our mission for the Academy is to provide the educational environment that enhances not only the educational aspect but also a personal enrichment of all students via our involvement in community service. CTA is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and Licensed by The State Board of Private Licensed Schools, Pennsylvania Department of Education.For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, careerta.edu/disclosures CTA is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and Licensed by The State Board of Private Licensed Schools, Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Top Placements (Pennsylvania)
Listed among the top community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 40% over five years.
|Career Training Academy-Lower Burrell||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||8||8|
|Total Enrollment||120 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||120 students||372 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,300||$34,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||90%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$13,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,334||$6,245|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The programs are housed within approximately 10,000 square feet of air conditioned space at the newly renovated main school in New Kensington, PA, and 4800 square feet at our branch location in Monroeville, PA, at the ExpoMart and 6131 square feet at out branch location in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, PA at the Northway Mall. The classrooms, laboratories and massage classrooms and Student Massage Center are completely equipped with the necessary medical and dental equipment and materials, along with all the necessary massage equipment and products essential for the training of highly skilled students. Career Training Academy provides short term training in Allied Health, Secretarial Science, and Massage Therapy careers. CTA is licensed by the State Board of Private Licensed Schools and is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology. Career Training Academy offers a variety of programs for the Health Care field. AST and ASB degree programs are available as well as diploma (under one year) programs in Dental Assistant, Medical Assistant and Health Insurance Claims Examiner/Medical Biller.
- The nearest community college to Career Training Academy-Lower Burrell is Career Training Academy-Monroeville (8.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 115 students | 8.60 Mi4314 Old William Penn Highway
Monroeville,  PA  15146
- 217 students | 11.40 Mi5808 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh,  PA  15206
- 80 students | 12.40 Mi1014 West View Park Drive
Pittsburgh,  PA  15229
- 114 students | 14.80 Mi421 Seventh Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15219
- n/a students | 14.80 Mi1940 Perrysville Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15214
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.