Career Training Academy-Lower Burrell
Tel: (724) 337-1000
- Career Training Academy is an institution of specialized learning that leads to fulfilling high skilled jobs. Our mission for the Academy is to provide the educational environment that enhances not only the educational aspect but also a personal enrichment of all students via our involvement in community service. CTA is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and Licensed by The State Board of Private Licensed Schools, Pennsylvania Department of Education.For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at, careerta.edu/disclosures CTA is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and Licensed by The State Board of Private Licensed Schools, Pennsylvania Department of Education.
The teacher population of 12 teachers has grown by 9% over five years.
|Career Training Academy-Lower Burrell||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||36 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||8||8|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||90%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$12,223|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,334||$5,500|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The programs are housed within approximately 10,000 square feet of air conditioned space at the newly renovated main school in New Kensington, PA, and 4800 square feet at our branch location in Monroeville, PA, at the ExpoMart and 6131 square feet at out branch location in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, PA at the Northway Mall. The classrooms, laboratories and massage classrooms and Student Massage Center are completely equipped with the necessary medical and dental equipment and materials, along with all the necessary massage equipment and products essential for the training of highly skilled students. Career Training Academy provides short term training in Allied Health, Secretarial Science, and Massage Therapy careers. CTA is licensed by the State Board of Private Licensed Schools and is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology. Career Training Academy offers a variety of programs for the Health Care field. AST and ASB degree programs are available as well as diploma (under one year) programs in Dental Assistant, Medical Assistant and Health Insurance Claims Examiner/Medical Biller.
The nearest community college to Career Training Academy-Lower Burrell is Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science Inc (14.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 217 students | 14.50 Mi5808 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15206
(412) 362-8500 14.50217
- 136 students | 18.00 Mi421 Seventh Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
(412) 281-2600 18.00136
- 149 students | 18.10 Mi1940 Perrysville Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15214
(412) 359-1000 18.10149
- 78 students | 18.10 Mi191 Performance Road
Sunbury, PA 17801
(570) 988-0700 18.1078
- 337 students | 18.10 Mi125 Seventh St
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
(412) 391-7021 18.10337
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?