Brooks College (Long Beach) (Closed 2008)
- For over 30 years, Brooks College Long Beach has dedicated itself to providing a quality education to those planning a career within the field of design. With the constant changes in design technology, there is a demand for technologically savvy individuals to lead companies into the future. With our ever-expanding array of comprehensive educational programs, Brooks College Long Beach helps to provide market-ready professionals to meet this demand.
|Brooks College (Long Beach)||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Private For-profit||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Enrollment||28 students||8,365 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Our 6.5-acre campus is located just minutes from Pacific Coast Highway and some of the most beautiful beaches in California. Our campus also features shaded walkways and relaxing areas in which to gather with friends and fellow students. Plus, Brooks College Long Beach has a large swimming pool, generous dining hall, and the convenience of on-campus housing. All of our classrooms, labs, studios and learning centers offer extended hours to accommodate both traditional and non-traditional students. The city of Long Beach offers a wide variety of multicultural art, design and musical activities, outdoor recreation, and active nightlife. We couldn't offer the depth and sophistication of our academics and hands-on experience if it were not for our ideal location. Our proximity to Los Angeles allows our students to be inspired by the diverse array of multi-national businesses that call Los Angeles their home. Plus, we borrow some of the best professionals from these industries for teaching and gain direct access to their environments for our students. Brooks College Long Beach offers degree programs that are designed to help students reach their career goals. Our academic programs are evaluated and updated regularly to provide our students with the most current information available in the workplace today. Changes in the curriculum are initiated by changes in the industry and we work with employers and professional organizations to maintain the most relevant curriculum possible. Instructional groups are limited in size in order to encourage participation and creative growth, and to promote dynamic discussion within the classroom. Plus, the small class sizes allow each student to receive the individual attention they deserve. Our applied approach to education makes learning an interactive experience and just like the real world, you'll share ideas, solve problems, and uncover innovative business solutions.
The nearest community college to Brooks College (Long Beach) is American University of Health Sciences (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 384 students | 2.20 Mi1600 East Hill St
Signal Hill, CA 90755
- 24,127 students | 3.30 Mi4901 E. Carson St.
Long Beach, CA 90808
(562) 938-4111 3.3024,127
- 215 students | 6.10 Mi18000 Studebaker Road Suite 900A
Cerritos, CA 90703
(562) 809-5100 6.10215
- 15,679 students | 6.90 Mi9200 Valley View
Cypress, CA 90630
(714) 484-7000 6.9015,679
- 22,287 students | 7.30 Mi11110 Alondra Blvd
Norwalk, CA 90650
(562) 860-2451 7.3022,287
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.