Brooks College (Long Beach) (Closed 2008)
- For over 30 years, Brooks College Long Beach has dedicated itself to providing a quality education to those planning a career within the field of design. With the constant changes in design technology, there is a demand for technologically savvy individuals to lead companies into the future. With our ever-expanding array of comprehensive educational programs, Brooks College Long Beach helps to provide market-ready professionals to meet this demand.
|Brooks College (Long Beach)||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Enrollment||28 students||7,516 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Our 6.5-acre campus is located just minutes from Pacific Coast Highway and some of the most beautiful beaches in California. Our campus also features shaded walkways and relaxing areas in which to gather with friends and fellow students. Plus, Brooks College Long Beach has a large swimming pool, generous dining hall, and the convenience of on-campus housing. All of our classrooms, labs, studios and learning centers offer extended hours to accommodate both traditional and non-traditional students. The city of Long Beach offers a wide variety of multicultural art, design and musical activities, outdoor recreation, and active nightlife. We couldn't offer the depth and sophistication of our academics and hands-on experience if it were not for our ideal location. Our proximity to Los Angeles allows our students to be inspired by the diverse array of multi-national businesses that call Los Angeles their home. Plus, we borrow some of the best professionals from these industries for teaching and gain direct access to their environments for our students. Brooks College Long Beach offers degree programs that are designed to help students reach their career goals. Our academic programs are evaluated and updated regularly to provide our students with the most current information available in the workplace today. Changes in the curriculum are initiated by changes in the industry and we work with employers and professional organizations to maintain the most relevant curriculum possible. Instructional groups are limited in size in order to encourage participation and creative growth, and to promote dynamic discussion within the classroom. Plus, the small class sizes allow each student to receive the individual attention they deserve. Our applied approach to education makes learning an interactive experience and just like the real world, you'll share ideas, solve problems, and uncover innovative business solutions.
- The nearest community college to Brooks College (Long Beach) is American University of Health Sciences (2.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 252 students | 2.40 Mi1600 East Hill St
Signal Hill,  CA  90755
- 24,403 students | 3.40 Mi4901 E. Carson St.
Long Beach,  CA  90808
- 1,136 students | 5.10 Mi2161 Technology Place
Long Beach,  CA  90810
- 387 students | 6.20 Mi18000 Studebaker Road Suite 900A
Cerritos,  CA  90703
- 15,816 students | 6.90 Mi9200 Valley View
Cypress,  CA  90630
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.