Bard College at Simon's Rock
- The teacher population of 52 teachers has declined by 38% over five years.
|Bard College at Simon's Rock||(MA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||52 staff||96 staff|
|Total Enrollment||329 students||3,428 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1||26:1|
|# Full-Time Students||322 students||1,076 students|
|# Part-Time Students||7 students||2,352 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||345||391|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$39,000||$35,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Bard College at Simon's Rock is Berkshire Community College (17.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,230 students | 17.50 Mi1350 West Street
Pittsfield,  MA  01201
- 2,047 students | 18.50 Mi4400 Route 23
Hudson,  NY  12534
- 1,614 students | 26.00 MiPark Pl E
Winsted,  CT  06098
- 11,640 students | 36.90 Mi80 Vandenburgh Ave
Troy,  NY  12180
- 131 students | 37.10 Mi600 Northern Blvd
Albany,  NY  12204
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.