Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (901) 572-2468
- Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences provides quality education in a Christian atmosphere to prepare health care professionals for diverse practice environments. As a learning community, our focus is on preparing health care professionals in nursing and allied health for the diverse practice environment of the twenty-first century. Learning takes place not just in the classroom setting, but in some of the finest medical facilities available. Our curriculum includes both general and health studies as well as major-specific coursework in order to prepare competent and caring health care professionals. Students tell us that they value our small classes, availability of faculty and staff, our Christian atmosphere, and our emphasis on clinical education.
Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Tennessee for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 152 teachers has grown by 28% over five years.
|Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Four-Year: Other Health Professions Schools||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||152 staff||81 staff|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences is Southwest Tennessee Community College (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,433 students | 0.50 Mi737 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38103
(901) 333-5000 0.509,433
- 340 students | 0.60 Mi1200 Poplar Ave
Memphis, TN 38104
(901) 726-1977 0.60340
- 656 students | 5.10 Mi2710 Nonconnah Blvd
Memphis, TN 38132
(901) 291-4239 5.10656
- 1,367 students | 7.90 Mi5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132
Memphis, TN 38137
(901) 761-9494 7.901,367
- 1,330 students | 11.00 Mi2000 W. Broadway
West Memphis, AR 72301
(870) 733-6722 11.001,330
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.