Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences
- Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences provides quality education in a Christian atmosphere to prepare health care professionals for diverse practice environments. As a learning community, our focus is on preparing health care professionals in nursing and allied health for the diverse practice environment of the twenty-first century. Learning takes place not just in the classroom setting, but in some of the finest medical facilities available. Our curriculum includes both general and health studies as well as major-specific coursework in order to prepare competent and caring health care professionals. Students tell us that they value our small classes, availability of faculty and staff, our Christian atmosphere, and our emphasis on clinical education.
Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences places among the top 20% of community colleges in Tennessee for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||65 staff||29 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences is Southwest Tennessee Community College (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,227 students | 0.50 Mi737 Union Avenue
Memphis,  TN  38103
(901) 333-5000 0.5010,227
- 249 students | 0.60 Mi1200 Poplar Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
(901) 726-1977 0.60249
- 667 students | 4.70 Mi2655 Dividend Drive
Memphis,  TN  38132
(901) 761-5730 4.70667
- 633 students | 5.10 Mi2710 Nonconnah Blvd
Memphis,  TN  38132
(901) 345-1000 5.10633
- 1,310 students | 7.90 Mi5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132
Memphis,  TN  38137
(901) 761-9494 7.901,310
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!