Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences
- Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences provides quality education in a Christian atmosphere to prepare health care professionals for diverse practice environments. As a learning community, our focus is on preparing health care professionals in nursing and allied health for the diverse practice environment of the twenty-first century. Learning takes place not just in the classroom setting, but in some of the finest medical facilities available. Our curriculum includes both general and health studies as well as major-specific coursework in order to prepare competent and caring health care professionals. Students tell us that they value our small classes, availability of faculty and staff, our Christian atmosphere, and our emphasis on clinical education.
Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences places among the top 20% of community colleges in Tennessee for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||65 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,170 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||526 students||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||644 students||262 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||113|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$54,800||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences is Southwest Tennessee Community College (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,227 students | 0.50 Mi737 Union Avenue
Memphis,  TN  38103
- 249 students | 0.60 Mi1200 Poplar Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
- 667 students | 4.80 Mi2655 Dividend Drive
Memphis,  TN  38132
- 633 students | 5.20 Mi2710 Nonconnah Blvd
Memphis,  TN  38132
- 1,310 students | 7.90 Mi5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132
Memphis,  TN  38137
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.