Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences
- Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences provides quality education in a Christian atmosphere to prepare health care professionals for diverse practice environments. As a learning community, our focus is on preparing health care professionals in nursing and allied health for the diverse practice environment of the twenty-first century. Learning takes place not just in the classroom setting, but in some of the finest medical facilities available. Our curriculum includes both general and health studies as well as major-specific coursework in order to prepare competent and caring health care professionals. Students tell us that they value our small classes, availability of faculty and staff, our Christian atmosphere, and our emphasis on clinical education.
Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences places among the top 20% of community colleges in Tennessee for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 65 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||65 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,170 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||526 students||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||644 students||262 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||113|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$54,800||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Baptist Memorial College of Health Sciences is Southwest Tennessee Community College (0.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,227 students | 0.50 Mi737 Union Avenue
Memphis,  TN  38103
- 249 students | 0.60 Mi1200 Poplar Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
- 667 students | 4.80 Mi2655 Dividend Drive
Memphis,  TN  38132
- 633 students | 5.20 Mi2710 Nonconnah Blvd
Memphis,  TN  38132
- 1,310 students | 7.90 Mi5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132
Memphis,  TN  38137
If you are interested in sleep, then a polysomnography career may be right for you. Learn about how you can begin this lucrative career in studying sleep disorders at your local community college.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.