- The teacher population of 40 teachers has declined by 9% over five years.
|Atenas College||(PR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||40 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,363 students||839 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,199 students||701 students|
|# Part-Time Students||164 students||138 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$15,500||$20,500|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Atenas College is Instituto Tecnologico de Puerto Rico-Recinto De Manati (1.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 713 students | 1.10 MiState Road 2 Km.47.3
Manati,  PR  00674
- 1,460 students | 14.80 MiArecibo Centro Plz Ave Manuel Perez Aviles
Arecibo,  PR  00612
- 1,385 students | 19.20 MiCarr. # 10 Km. 52.2
Utuado,  PR  00641
- 607 students | 21.20 Mi25 Degetau St
Bayamon,  PR  00961
- 5,320 students | 22.70 MiCarr. #2 Edificio National College Plaza
Bayamon,  PR  00960
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.