- Antonelli Institute offers degree programs in photography and graphic design/commercial art. Located in Pennsylvania, the school teaches artistic and technical skills necessary to succeed in the creative visual arts. Antonelli Institute is known for providing individualized "hands on" instruction in classes taught by working professionals.
The teacher population of 8 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Antonelli Institute||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||8 staff||25 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Antonelli Institute was founded to meet the training needs of professional photographers and military photographer. Following World War II, the school's excellent reputation attracted veterans seeking training in photography. Internationally renowned photographer and artist, Severo Antonelli, founded Antonelli Institute in 1938 in Philadelphia. The school's founder, a major futurist artist and photographer, had brought to the school his reputation as one of the leading photo-picturalist's in the United States. On two occasions, Antonelli's photographs were exhibited at the Smithsonian Institution in the first and largest one-man photography exhibits ever at the institution. The Graphic Design / Commercial Art Program prepares students for an entry level career in the graphic design and illustration field. Learning from practicing professionals in the field, students acquire the skills necessary for a full-time staff position or freelance practice. Upon satisfactory completion of this program, the Associate in Specialized Technology Degree will be awarded. The Photography Program of study prepares students for entry-level positions in the fast-paced field of professional photography; whether it be portraiture, advertising, commercial photographic lab work, freelance or any number of other areas where skilled photographers are needed. The program provides opportunities, not only for a high level of technical training and skills needed to do quality photography, but to help the student become a successful business person or a highly valued employee.
The nearest community college to Antonelli Institute is DeVry University-Pennsylvania (3.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,180 students | 3.40 Mi1140 Virginia Dr
Fort Washington,  PA  19034
(215) 591-5700 3.401,180
- 858 students | 5.70 Mi700 Fox Chase Rd
Jenkintown,  PA  19046
(215) 885-2360 5.70858
- 12,805 students | 6.70 Mi340 Dekalb Pike
Blue Bell,  PA  19422
(215) 641-6300 6.7012,805
- 1,588 students | 7.30 Mi750 Montgomery Ave
Bryn Mawr,  PA  19010
(610) 526-6050 7.301,588
- 19,119 students | 9.20 Mi1700 Spring Garden St
Philadelphia,  PA  19130
(215) 751-8000 9.2019,119
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.
A new report from the American Association of University Women found that the primary barrier facing women in community colleges today is decreasing access to affordable childcare. What can community colleges do to remove the barrier?
The microbrewing industry is growing tremendously, and now aspiring beer brewers can get the training they need starting at community college.