Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (215) 836-2222
- Antonelli Institute offers degree programs in photography and graphic design/commercial art. Located in Pennsylvania, the school teaches artistic and technical skills necessary to succeed in the creative visual arts. Antonelli Institute is known for providing individualized "hands on" instruction in classes taught by working professionals.
The teacher population of 8 teachers has grown by 33% over five years.
|Antonelli Institute||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||8 staff||56 staff|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Antonelli Institute was founded to meet the training needs of professional photographers and military photographer. Following World War II, the school's excellent reputation attracted veterans seeking training in photography. Internationally renowned photographer and artist, Severo Antonelli, founded Antonelli Institute in 1938 in Philadelphia. The school's founder, a major futurist artist and photographer, had brought to the school his reputation as one of the leading photo-picturalist's in the United States. On two occasions, Antonelli's photographs were exhibited at the Smithsonian Institution in the first and largest one-man photography exhibits ever at the institution. The Graphic Design / Commercial Art Program prepares students for an entry level career in the graphic design and illustration field. Learning from practicing professionals in the field, students acquire the skills necessary for a full-time staff position or freelance practice. Upon satisfactory completion of this program, the Associate in Specialized Technology Degree will be awarded. The Photography Program of study prepares students for entry-level positions in the fast-paced field of professional photography; whether it be portraiture, advertising, commercial photographic lab work, freelance or any number of other areas where skilled photographers are needed. The program provides opportunities, not only for a high level of technical training and skills needed to do quality photography, but to help the student become a successful business person or a highly valued employee.
The nearest community college to Antonelli Institute is DeVry University-Pennsylvania (3.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 150 students | 3.40 Mi1015 Virginia Dr., Ste. 110
Ft. Washington, PA 19034
(215) 591-5700 3.40150
- 746 students | 5.70 Mi700 Fox Chase Rd
Jenkintown, PA 19046
(215) 885-2360 5.70746
- 10,309 students | 6.70 Mi340 Dekalb Pike
Blue Bell, PA 19422
(215) 641-6300 6.7010,309
- 1,363 students | 7.30 Mi750 Montgomery Ave
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
(610) 525-4100 7.301,363
- 15,996 students | 9.20 Mi1700 Spring Garden St
Philadelphia, PA 19130
(215) 751-8000 9.2015,996
With the change in energy production trends, sustainable energy technology careers are in high demand, and you can start your training for a highly-demanded career right at your local community college.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.
If mixing your creativity with beautiful glass sounds inspiring, consider starting your hobby or career in glass blowing at community college.