- How to Ensure Your Community College Credits Transfer to a 4 Year University
- Top 10 Community Colleges in the U.S. in 2013
- Top 10 Most Community College Transfer-Friendly Universities
- Transferring from Community College to a 4-year Institution
- Why More Students are Choosing Community Colleges over Traditional Four-Year Schools
Honors Programs at Two-Year Colleges Are Thriving
A recent article in the Washington Post reported that applications to community college honors programs are growing at a quicker rate than general applications, which are also on the rise. Honors programs of particular note include:
* The Montgomery Scholars program of Maryland's Montgomery College. This highly selective program, which is ten years old, has only 25 seats available and received a record 275 applications for Fall 2009, according to the Post.
* The Rouse . . . read more
In California, 60% of community college students who intended to transfer to four-year universities never meet their goal - which has led to the formation of a state task force charged with finding ways to improve the transfer rate, as reported by the Mercury News.
Step 1: Consider Your Professional Pathway