- Why 60% of Community College Students Never Transfer
- How to Ensure Your Community College Credits Transfer to a 4 Year University
- Why More Students are Choosing Community Colleges over Traditional Four-Year Schools
- 8 Reasons Why Community College Might be the Best Choice After High School
- Top 10 Community Colleges in the U.S. in 2013
One publication, Washington Monthly, has created a simple ranking system of the top community colleges in the country. Which community colleges are at the top of the list – and do the Washington Monthly’s rankings truly matter?
Experts say the change is likely a result of an increased recognition of the value of a diverse student body, the pressure that some small colleges are feeling to bring in tuition-paying students during this economic downturn, and an awareness from college administrators that community college transfer students often bring a special set of strengths with them to four-year institutions.