- Virginia College is a private institution of higher education committed to offering associate degrees and diploma/certificate courses at its various campuses*. These programs strengthen the student's ability to enter or advance in a chosen career. The student's learning experience and placement opportunities are enhanced through studies that provide a balance of general academics, technical skills and personal growth. The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. The College provides educational opportunities through curricula in business, business-related, administrative, management, technical and professional programs that are designed to prepare the student for direct entry into the job market.
- The teacher population of 35 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Virginia College-Austin||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||35 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||2,866 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,900||$33,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||90%||83%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$18,331||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$6,334||$5,015|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Virginia College-Austin is Austin Community College District (0.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 40,949 students | 0.70 Mi5930 Middle Fiskville Rd
Austin,  TX  78752
- 643 students | 5.70 Mi3110 Esperanza Crossing, Suite 100
Austin,  TX  78758
- 207 students | 8.10 Mi13801 Burnet Road, Suite 300
Austin,  TX  78727
- 20,547 students | 54.60 Mi6200 West Central Texas Expressway
Killeen,  TX  76549
- 5,200 students | 56.00 Mi2600 S 1st St
Temple,  TX  76504
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.