University of Southernmost Florida (Closed 2015)
- The mission of Florida Technical College is to provide education and training that enables graduates to obtain entry-level employment. Florida Technical College is committed to encouraging the intellectual pursuits of men and women in a variety of business and technical areas. The College strives to maintain the flexibility necessary to meet the needs of a diverse population and the varying educational requirements prompted by the changes in the society it serves. The College recognizes the need to encourage creative activities and community involvement commensurate with institutional resources and abilities.
The teacher population of 11 teachers has declined by 8% over five years.
|University of Southernmost Florida||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||128 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Florida Technical College is a private two-year junior college with four campuses in Florida. Our programs are designed for students looking for quality, career-focused education in some of today's most up-and-coming career fields. We offer Associate's and Diploma-level programs that can be completed in as little as 18 months! We pride ourselves on our Career Placements Services. Staff members offer individual attention and advice to students on how to decide which degree and career path bests suits individual needs, goals and interests. Staff members also assist students in finding a good job, preparing for the interview process, building a resume, and negotiating salary and benefits. Florida Technical College is a Junior College accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award Associates of Science degrees and academic diplomas. The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education. Its accreditation of degree-granting institutions also is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. The Jacksonville campus, located at 8711 Lone Star Road, is in the southern part of Jacksonville and easily accessible from all major highways in Northeast Florida. The campus boasts a modern facility and labs for computers, networking and medical assisting.
The nearest community college to University of Southernmost Florida is Stenotype Institute of Jacksonville Inc-Jacksonville (5.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 164 students | 5.50 Mi3563 Phillips Highway Building E Suite 501
Jacksonville, FL 32207
(904) 398-4141 5.50164
- 555 students | 6.20 Mi7259 Salisbury Road
Jacksonville, FL 32256
(904) 725-0525 6.20555
- 23,413 students | 6.70 Mi501 W State St
Jacksonville, FL 32202
(904) 646-2300 6.7023,413
- 307 students | 8.10 Mi8813 Western Way
Jacksonville, FL 32256
(904) 328-5600 8.10307
- 440 students | 13.40 Mi700 Blanding Blvd. Suite 16
Orange Park, FL 32065
(904) 269-7086 13.40440
Your local community college campus offers a variety of art programs both traditional and modern. Find out more about them here.
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
From nuclear medicine to physical therapy, consider 10 in-demand jobs for community college graduates. With salaries ranging from $50,000 to even $100,000, opportunities are ripe for those with the right training from community colleges.