Three Rivers Community College
Tel: (860) 215-9000
Three Rivers Community College Photo #2 - Professor Mark Comeau illustrates a point in Architecture of the World.
Three Rivers Community College Photo #4 - The associate's degree in Visual Fine Arts is designed to provide both a strong basic foundation in the visual arts and a broad background in general education.
Three Rivers Community College Photo #5 - Students get hands-on experience in the manufacturing lab.
Three Rivers Community College Photo #6 - It's easy to get work done in the Donald R. Welter Library with over 10,000 square feet of library and study space.
- With 78 different degree and certificate programs, Three Rivers can be the starting point for any path you plan. The excellent faculty, range of programs and flexible scheduling will help you achieve your goals.
- You can earn a career-ready associates degree at Three Rivers or save tens of thousands of dollars by completing an associates degree here, than transferring to a four-year university to complete a bachelors degree in two years. And with small class sizes, you`ll get hands on attention from a faculty that wants you to succeed.
The teacher population of 232 teachers has grown by 52% over five years.
|Three Rivers Community College||(CT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||232 staff||154 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Three Rivers Community College is a commuter college that serves Southeastern Connecticut and eastern regions of the state. The student population consists of more than 4,300 enrolled students each semester. Knowing that the educational goals of our students are as diverse as their backgrounds, Three Rivers provides a broad range of credit and non-credit liberal arts, sciences, career and technical courses.
- With 78 different degree and certificate programs, Three Rivers can be the starting point for any path you plan. Three Rivers has transfer agreements that can lead to more than 500 different four-year degrees. These options include guaranteed admission programs with several public and private colleges and universities in Connecticut.
- Three Rivers also offers Workforce & Community Education programs that provide flexible options to take non-credit classes for personal enrichment or to advance job skills. Students may be as focused as the lasers in our Engineering Technologies lab, or have tastes as varied as the art on display in the student gallery.
The nearest community college to Three Rivers Community College is Mitchell College (12.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 642 students | 12.50 Mi437 Pequot Avenue
New London, CT 06320
(860) 701-5000 12.50642
- 559 students | 13.50 Mi1084 Shennecossett Rd
Groton, CT 06340
(860) 486-2000 13.50559
- 1,299 students | 24.30 Mi742 Upper Maple St
Danielson, CT 06239
(860) 932-4000 24.301,299
- 2,424 students | 26.30 Mi100 Training Hill Rd
Middletown, CT 06457
(860) 343-5701 26.302,424
- 5,511 students | 28.40 MiGreat Path
Manchester, CT 06040
(860) 512-3000 28.405,511
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.