Southeast Culinary & Hospitality College
|Southeast Culinary & Hospitality College||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||- staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||8 students||717 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1 students||860 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||12||12|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Southeast Culinary & Hospitality College is Virginia Highlands Community College (12.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,505 students | 12.40 Mi100 VHCC Drive
Abingdon,  VA  24212
- 5,865 students | 14.50 Mi2425 Hwy 75
Blountville,  TN  37617
- 2,718 students | 36.50 Mi3441 Mountain Empire Road
Big Stone Gap,  VA  24219
- 2,546 students | 40.50 Mi369 College Road US Rt. 19, 6 Miles S. Claypool Hill
Richlands,  VA  24641
- 1,128 students | 46.80 Mi200 Mayland Drive
Spruce Pine,  NC  28777
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.