Raritan Valley Community College
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (908) 526-1200
- Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC) is a great place for students to start their college education. Our students have transferred to the top colleges and universities in New Jersey and across the nation, including Columbia, Cornell, Stanford, the University of Pennsylvania and New York University. The Colleges ability to offer a high quality, affordable technical education has been greatly enhanced by an exciting new workforce development grant. RVCCs Service Learning Program has earned national honors for providing students with the opportunity to serve their communities while enabling community organizations to benefit from the students time, energy and knowledge. We are dedicated to meeting the higher education needs of the communities we servewhether its preparing students for transfer to another institution or offering technical training for those interested in pursuing a new career path or upgrading their skills.
Raritan Valley Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 234 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Raritan Valley Community College||(NJ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||234 staff||234 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||45%||73%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$10,185||$11,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,500||$5,843|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- RVCC, serving Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for over thirty years, offers over 80 associate degrees and certificates. In addition, customized training programs and non-credit courses are available for those seeking personal and professional development. The College is committed to a quality and affordable education through effective teaching, liaisons with the community's businesses and state-of-the-art technology. Raritan Valley Community College is New Jersey's leading community college. Offering over 80 associate degrees and certificates, plus non-credit courses for personal and professional development, RVCC is the already the choice of more than 11,000 students. The 240-acre campus lies at the crossroads of central New Jersey. RVCC also maintains a satellite campus in Somerset known as the Franklin Center. The College has students who have transferred to over 225 colleges and universities across the country, and provides job/career counseling to all interested parties. RVCC also has the University Center, which provides bachelor & master degree programs from major universities on our campus, allowing students to take classes and earn those degrees locally. The college is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, N.J. Board of Nursing, National League of Nursing, Commission on Opticianry Accreditation and American Bar Association.
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Raritan Valley Community College is DeVry University-New Jersey (16.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 387 students | 16.10 Mi630 U.S. Hwy. One
North Brunswick,  NJ  08902
(732) 729-3960 16.10387
- 7,556 students | 18.40 Mi214 Center Grove Rd
Randolph,  NJ  07869
(973) 328-5000 18.407,556
- 11,151 students | 18.50 Mi2600 Woodbridge Avenue
Edison,  NJ  08818
(732) 548-6000 18.5011,151
- 3,496 students | 19.40 Mi475 Route 57 W
Washington,  NJ  07882
(908) 835-9222 19.403,496
- 9,412 students | 20.10 Mi1033 Springfield Avenue
Cranford,  NJ  07016
(908) 709-7000 20.109,412
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.