Raritan Valley Community College
- Raritan Valley Community College (RVCC) is a great place for students to start their college education. Our students have transferred to the top colleges and universities in New Jersey and across the nation, including Columbia, Cornell, Stanford, the University of Pennsylvania and New York University. The College’s ability to offer a high quality, affordable technical education has been greatly enhanced by an exciting new workforce development grant. RVCC’s Service Learning Program has earned national honors for providing students with the opportunity to serve their communities while enabling community organizations to benefit from the students’ time, energy and knowledge. We are dedicated to meeting the higher education needs of the communities we serve—whether it’s preparing students for transfer to another institution or offering technical training for those interested in pursuing a new career path or upgrading their skills.
Raritan Valley Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in New Jersey for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 234 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Raritan Valley Community College||(NJ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||234 staff||234 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,214 students||7,040 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,440 students||3,412 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,774 students||3,628 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,400||$36,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- RVCC, serving Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for over thirty years, offers over 80 associate degrees and certificates. In addition, customized training programs and non-credit courses are available for those seeking personal and professional development. The College is committed to a quality and affordable education through effective teaching, liaisons with the community's businesses and state-of-the-art technology. Raritan Valley Community College is New Jersey's leading community college. Offering over 80 associate degrees and certificates, plus non-credit courses for personal and professional development, RVCC is the already the choice of more than 11,000 students. The 240-acre campus lies at the crossroads of central New Jersey. RVCC also maintains a satellite campus in Somerset known as the Franklin Center. The College has students who have transferred to over 225 colleges and universities across the country, and provides job/career counseling to all interested parties. RVCC also has the University Center, which provides bachelor & master degree programs from major universities on our campus, allowing students to take classes and earn those degrees locally. The college is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, N.J. Board of Nursing, National League of Nursing, Commission on Opticianry Accreditation and American Bar Association.
- The nearest community college to Raritan Valley Community College is Pillar College (8.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 478 students | 8.40 Mi60 Park Place, Suite 701
Newark,  NJ  07102
- 39 students | 10.90 Mi200A Morris Avenue
Denville,  NJ  07834
- 1,546 students | 15.80 Mi630 US Hwy. One
North Brunswick,  NJ  08902
- 8,096 students | 17.60 Mi214 Center Grove Rd
Randolph,  NJ  07869
- 11,673 students | 18.60 Mi2600 Woodbridge Avenue
Edison,  NJ  08818
Learn the important role community colleges have take in improving homeland security.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.