Polk State College
Polk State College Photo #2 - Polk State College was established in 1964 in Winter Haven, Florida, and today is a multi-campus institution that offers Bachelor of Applied Science, Bachelor of Science, Associate in Arts, and Associate in Science degrees, as well as a ride range of certificate and workforce training options.
Polk State College Photo #3 - Dr. Angela Garcia Falconetti became Polk State College's fifth president in July 2017.
Polk State College Photo #4 - Polk State College has an award-winning student life, including nearly 40 clubs and six athletic teams.
Polk State College Photo #5 - In 2017, Polk State College graduated nearly 2,300 students ranging in age from 17 to 76 years old.
Polk State College Photo #6 - The Polk State Volleyball Team finished as state runner-up, advancing to the NJCAA Division 1 Women's Volleyball Championship for the fourth straight year in 2017. The Eagles finished fifth in the nation.
Polk State College Photo #7 - Polk State College has six athletic teams: basketball, baseball, cheerleading, soccer, softball, and volleyball.
Polk State College Photo #8 - In 2017, Polk State College graduated nearly 2,300 students ranging in age from 17 to 76 years old.
Polk State College Photo #9 - Polk State College has an award-winning student life, including nearly 40 clubs and six athletic teams.
Polk State College Photo #10 - At Polk State College, first-time-in-college students have the opportunity to participate in the First-Year Experience and First Flight Convocation, which allows freshmen to spend a day on campus before the start of the semester to learn their way around and connect with peers.
- Polk State College, established in 1964, has campuses and centers in every corner of Polk County, including Winter Haven, Lakeland, Bartow, and Lake Wales. Each year, the College serves more than 16,000 students. Degree offerings include the Bachelor of Applied Science, Bachelor of Science, Associate in Arts, and Associate in Science. Additionally, the College offers a wide range of certificate and workforce training options. The College also operates three charter high schools. The advantages of attending Polk State include small class sizes, flexible class schedules and online options, affordable tuition, excellent financial aid, vibrant student life opportunities, and intercollegiate athletics.
- The teacher population of 900 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Polk State College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||900 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||16,000 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,000 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||12,000 students||655 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,000||$30,300|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Golden KEt (GK), Phi Theta Kappa (PTK), Student Government Association
Arts and Music Programs:
Symphony Orchestra, Theate
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Polk State College is Everest University-Lakeland (14.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 367 students | 14.30 Mi995 E Memorial Blvd Suite110
Lakeland,  FL  33801
- 22,535 students | 32.90 Mi9200 Soutpark Center Loop
Orlando,  FL  32819
- 972 students | 33.20 Mi8511 Commodity Circle
Orlando,  FL  32819
- 2,780 students | 34.20 Mi600 W College Dr
Avon Park,  FL  33825
- 1,445 students | 34.60 Mi1485 Florida Mall Avenue
Orlando,  FL  32809
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.