Tel: (360) 792-6050
- Founded in 1946, Olympic College is a public two-year community college that provides education to students in a wide range of ages ' from 16 to over 65 years old. The community college system is unique ' it provides access to any students that want to attend and helps build important skills for the next phase of their life or career.
The teacher population of 236 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Olympic College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||236 staff||157 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Olympic College has three campuses and co-located training sites located in Kitsap and Mason Counties. A range of academic, professional-technical and developmental programs are available at these locations serving the needs of students pursuing associate degrees, baccalaureate degrees, certification, employment retraining and job skill updates. Olympic College Bremerton, the main campus, is centrally located in Bremerton, Washington on a 33-acre site that has spectacular views of the Olympic Mountains and Mount Rainier. In 2005, the college will break ground on a new 55,000-square-foot Science Technology building that will replace the existing Math/Science building on the Bremerton campus. The new structure will offer science labs, high-tech computer classrooms, and general purpose classrooms. Olympic College has a strong reputation for quality and excellence. Highly qualified faculty and staff are committed to providing students with the best educational experience possible. About 25 percent of faculty hold doctorate degrees and all professional-technical faculty have industry experience. Faculty and staff have a variety of enhancement opportunities available to help them maintain high academic standards and professionalism. Olympic College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,177 students | 13.30 Mi6000 16th Ave SW
Seattle,  WA  98106
(206) 934-5300 13.306,177
- 1,378 students | 13.60 Mi2323 Elliott Ave
Seattle,  WA  98121
(206) 448-0900 13.601,378
- 6,802 students | 14.90 Mi1701 Broadway Avenue
Seattle,  WA  98122
(206) 934-3800 14.906,802
- 5,929 students | 16.60 Mi9600 College Way North
Seattle,  WA  98103
(206) 934-3600 16.605,929
- 468 students | 16.70 Mi9709 Third Ave NE Suite 400
Seattle,  WA  98115
(206) 322-6100 16.70468
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.