- Founded in 1946, Olympic College is a public two-year community college that provides education to students in a wide range of ages ' from 16 to over 65 years old. The community college system is unique ' it provides access to any students that want to attend and helps build important skills for the next phase of their life or career.
- Enrollment: 5,357 students
- In-state tuition: $3,720
- Out-state tuition: $4,137
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 34%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Olympic College has three campuses and co-located training sites located in Kitsap and Mason Counties. A range of academic, professional-technical and developmental programs are available at these locations serving the needs of students pursuing associate degrees, baccalaureate degrees, certification, employment retraining and job skill updates. Olympic College Bremerton, the main campus, is centrally located in Bremerton, Washington on a 33-acre site that has spectacular views of the Olympic Mountains and Mount Rainier. In 2005, the college will break ground on a new 55,000-square-foot Science Technology building that will replace the existing Math/Science building on the Bremerton campus. The new structure will offer science labs, high-tech computer classrooms, and general purpose classrooms. Olympic College has a strong reputation for quality and excellence. Highly qualified faculty and staff are committed to providing students with the best educational experience possible. About 25 percent of faculty hold doctorate degrees and all professional-technical faculty have industry experience. Faculty and staff have a variety of enhancement opportunities available to help them maintain high academic standards and professionalism. Olympic College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Olympic College cost?
Olympic College's tuition is approximately $3,720 for In-State students and $4,137 for Out-State students.
What is Olympic College's ranking?
Olympic College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Washington for: Least expensive tuition.