Ocean County College
- Ocean County College, an innovative academic leader, provides affordable, student-centered, high quality educational experiences that prepare and empower diverse learners to contribute to and succeed in global societies. OCC invests in and fosters academic, economic, and cultural excellence and ensures financial strength by generating new revenue streams, engaging in national and international university and corporate partnerships, and cultivating a technologically progressive and entrepreneurial spirit.
- The teacher population of 250 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ocean County College||(NJ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||250 staff||234 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,377 students||7,040 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,605 students||3,412 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,772 students||3,628 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,000||$36,100|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Honor Societies, Recreation Clubs, Student Government Association, Support Groups
Arts and Music Programs:
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- For more than 40 years, Ocean County College, a public two-year community college sponsored by Ocean County and the State of New Jersey, has provided area residents with the opportunity to benefit from higher education. Ocean County College is located in Toms River, the county seat of Ocean.
- Ocean offers its students a plethora of degree and certificate programs, allowing them to pursue their education with both credit and non-credit classes. Many of our programs are designed to facilitate easy transfer to four-year universities for our students. We offer honors options, career development, courses for licenses, business education training, as well as continuing and professional education programs. Students can find these offerings available during the day, evening, weekend, at off-campus locations, and online. Through our various clubs and organizations, as well as our Student Leadership Development Program, students are able to pursue both personal and professional enrichment.
- The college is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges & Schools and National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.
- The nearest community college to Ocean County College is Brookdale Community College (25.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 14,144 students | 25.60 Mi765 Newman Springs Rd
Lincroft,  NJ  07738
(732) 224-2345 25.6014,144
- 7,839 students | 34.00 Mi1200 Old Trenton Rd
Princeton Junction,  NJ  08550
(609) 586-4800 34.007,839
- 1,546 students | 38.10 Mi630 US Hwy. One
North Brunswick,  NJ  08902
(732) 729-3960 38.101,546
- 500 students | 39.90 Mi3815 Otter St
Bristol,  PA  19007
(215) 785-0111 39.90500
- 11,151 students | 40.10 Mi2600 Woodbridge Avenue
Edison,  NJ  08818
(732) 548-6000 40.1011,151
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.