Ocean County College
- Ocean County College, an innovative academic leader, provides affordable, student-centered, high quality educational experiences that prepare and empower diverse learners to contribute to and succeed in global societies. OCC invests in and fosters academic, economic, and cultural excellence and ensures financial strength by generating new revenue streams, engaging in national and international university and corporate partnerships, and cultivating a technologically progressive and entrepreneurial spirit.
- The teacher population of 250 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Ocean County College||(NJ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||250 staff||234 staff|
|Total Enrollment||8,377 students||7,040 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||34:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,605 students||3,412 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,772 students||3,628 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,000||$36,100|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Sailing, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Honor Societies, Recreation Clubs, Student Government Association, Support Groups
Arts and Music Programs:
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- For more than 40 years, Ocean County College, a public two-year community college sponsored by Ocean County and the State of New Jersey, has provided area residents with the opportunity to benefit from higher education. Ocean County College is located in Toms River, the county seat of Ocean.
- Ocean offers its students a plethora of degree and certificate programs, allowing them to pursue their education with both credit and non-credit classes. Many of our programs are designed to facilitate easy transfer to four-year universities for our students. We offer honors options, career development, courses for licenses, business education training, as well as continuing and professional education programs. Students can find these offerings available during the day, evening, weekend, at off-campus locations, and online. Through our various clubs and organizations, as well as our Student Leadership Development Program, students are able to pursue both personal and professional enrichment.
- The college is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges & Schools and National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.
- The nearest community college to Ocean County College is Brookdale Community College (22.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 14,144 students | 22.20 Mi765 Newman Springs Rd
Lincroft,  NJ  07738
- 8,586 students | 25.40 Mi900 College Circle
Mount Laurel,  NJ  08054
- 7,839 students | 30.80 Mi1200 Old Trenton Rd
Princeton Junction,  NJ  08550
- 1,546 students | 35.00 Mi630 US Hwy. One
North Brunswick,  NJ  08902
- 11,673 students | 36.40 Mi2600 Woodbridge Avenue
Edison,  NJ  08818
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.