Northwestern College-Chicago Campus
- The teacher population of 59 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Northwestern College-Chicago Campus||(IL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||59 staff||123 staff|
|Total Enrollment||425 students||3,999 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||224 students||1,386 students|
|# Part-Time Students||201 students||2,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,800||$31,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- With three campuses conveniently serving more than 2100 students in the greater Chicago area, Northwestern Business College provides a solid, career-focused education in some of the fastest growing professions. In as little as one to two years, NBC students can earn their certificate or degree and begin working in their chosen fields. Founded in 1902 to provide men and women with the specialized training necessary for a successful career in business and to support Chicago's rapidly growing business community, NBC continues to pursue the basic principles of its founder: to meet the needs of students who are career-oriented. The Professional and Continuing Education Center offers non-credit courses focusing on professions regulated by the state. These courses provide training and education that prepares you to earn or maintain your license as a real estate agent, property appraiser, home inspector, or insurance agent. Northwestern Business College offers focused programs that target the nation's fastest growing careers. Many NBC students have to balance work, school, family, and other obligations. We offer day, evening and weekend classes, allowing you maximum options for completing your coursework. Northwestern Business College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Northwestern College-Chicago Campus is City Colleges of Chicago-Wilbur Wright College (1.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 12,146 students | 1.60 Mi4300 N Narragansett
Chicago,  IL  60634
- 1,529 students | 5.00 Mi1333-45 W. Argyle St.
Chicago,  IL  60640
- 10,601 students | 5.20 Mi1145 W Wilson Ave.
Chicago,  IL  60640
- 11,577 students | 5.60 Mi2000 5th Ave
River Grove,  IL  60171
- 717 students | 5.80 Mi8317 W North Avenue
Melrose Park,  IL  60160
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.