Newport Business Institute-Lower Burrell (Closed 2013)
- Choosing Newport Business Institute has been a leader in business education for over 100 years. At Newport, we provide a high-quality education and hands-on experience. Newport Business Institute provides you with the training and skills that are required for life-long career success.
|Newport Business Institute-Lower Burrell||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Enrollment||51 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||49 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2 students||246 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,600||$34,800|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- While at Newport Business Institute, students are able to choose from two specialized associate degree programs in Business Administration and Administrative Assistant. Our Business Administration programs provide extensive computer training, basic and advanced accounting skills, and a solid business background. Our Administrative Assistant programs provide extensive computer training, plus organizational, interpersonal communication and other necessary office skills. The college offers degrees in Accounting, Microcomputer, Accounting/Microcomputer, iCarnegie Program, Travel & Hospitality Management, Management, Retail Management, Medical Management, Executive, Medical, Legal, Accounting and Travel. The college offers Diploma Programs in Medical Office Clerical, Office Clerical, Transcriptionist, Travel and Tourism, Accounting and Other. Newport Business Institute is licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Education, State Board of Private Licensed Schools. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award the Associate in Specialized Business Degree, Diplomas and Certificates, in various business related subjects.
- The nearest community college to Newport Business Institute-Lower Burrell is Career Training Academy-Lower Burrell (2.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 120 students | 2.80 Mi179 Hillcrest Shopping Center
Lower Burrell,  PA  15068
- 217 students | 11.90 Mi5808 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh,  PA  15206
- 114 students | 15.40 Mi421 Seventh Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15219
- n/a students | 15.60 Mi1940 Perrysville Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15214
- 226 students | 15.60 Mi1940 Perrysville Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15214
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.