Newport Business Institute-Lower Burrell (Closed 2013)
- Choosing Newport Business Institute has been a leader in business education for over 100 years. At Newport, we provide a high-quality education and hands-on experience. Newport Business Institute provides you with the training and skills that are required for life-long career success.
|Newport Business Institute-Lower Burrell||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Enrollment||51 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||49 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2 students||246 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,600||$34,800|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- While at Newport Business Institute, students are able to choose from two specialized associate degree programs in Business Administration and Administrative Assistant. Our Business Administration programs provide extensive computer training, basic and advanced accounting skills, and a solid business background. Our Administrative Assistant programs provide extensive computer training, plus organizational, interpersonal communication and other necessary office skills. The college offers degrees in Accounting, Microcomputer, Accounting/Microcomputer, iCarnegie Program, Travel & Hospitality Management, Management, Retail Management, Medical Management, Executive, Medical, Legal, Accounting and Travel. The college offers Diploma Programs in Medical Office Clerical, Office Clerical, Transcriptionist, Travel and Tourism, Accounting and Other. Newport Business Institute is licensed by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Education, State Board of Private Licensed Schools. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award the Associate in Specialized Business Degree, Diplomas and Certificates, in various business related subjects.
- The nearest community college to Newport Business Institute-Lower Burrell is Career Training Academy-Lower Burrell (1.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 120 students | 1.80 Mi179 Hillcrest Shopping Center
Lower Burrell,  PA  15068
- 217 students | 11.90 Mi5808 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh,  PA  15206
- 80 students | 12.70 Mi1014 West View Park Drive
Pittsburgh,  PA  15229
- 114 students | 15.40 Mi421 Seventh Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15219
- n/a students | 15.60 Mi1940 Perrysville Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15214
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.