Modesto Junior College
- Modesto Junior College has been serving motivated students of California's Central valley since 1921. As one of the leading community colleges in the state, Modesto Junior College offers a host of programs and courses in academic and vocational areas to prepare you for transfer to a four-year university or to enter the job market. Year after year, MJC graduates prove to be competitive students and employable professionals.
- Enrollment: 16,365 students
- In-state tuition: $1,380
- Out-state tuition: $6,046
- Student:teacher ratio: 25:1
- Minority enrollment: 63%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Alpha Gamma Sigma - Honor Society, Associated Students of MJC - Student body government, List of Student Clubs: http://www.mjc.edu/studentservices/sdncl/clubs, Phi Theta Kappa - Honor Society, Speech and Debate Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Choir, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Masterworks Chorus, MJC Community Orchestra, Off-Balance Dancers, Symphonic Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Baseball Team, Basketball Teams - Men and Women's Teams, Cross Country - Men's & Women's Teams, Football Team, Golf - Men's & Women's Teams, Soccer - Men's & Women's Teams, Softball Team, Swimming - Men's & Women's Teams, Tennis - Men's & Women's Team, Track & Field - Men's & Women's Teams, Volleyball Team, Waterpolo Teams - Men's & Women's Teams, Wrestling Team
- Modesto Junior College Community Education offers fully fee-funded, not-for-credit vocational classes and programs, and educational, recreational and cultural programs for all ages which lie beyond formalized classroom instruction to meet the needs and interests of the community through our regular Community Education classes, College for Kids and Teens, Older Adult Program, Modesto Institute for Continued Learning (MICL) and Educational Travel Program. Modesto Junior College, one of the oldest community colleges in the state, was organized in 1921 to serve the first junior college district established under a State Legislature Enabling Act. Modesto Junior College was established to meet the needs of the community. Today the college strives to maintain the same objective--that of dedication and service to the community. The Modesto Junior College East Campus is the colleges original and primary campus and is located at 435 College Avenue in Modesto, close to downtown. In addition to numerous large classroom buildings, it houses the Main Auditorium, Gymnasium, Stadium, Student Center, Morris Administration Building and MJC's main Library. The MJC East campus is served by several municipal bus lines and an inter-campus shuttle. Modesto Junior College is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and approved by the State Department of Education for training veterans. MJC is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant, alien students.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Modesto Junior College cost?
Modesto Junior College's tuition is approximately $1,380 for In-State students and $6,046 for Out-State students.
What sports does Modesto Junior College offer?
Modesto Junior College offers 14 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo and Wrestling.
What is Modesto Junior College's ranking?
Modesto Junior College ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Largest student body.