Modesto Junior College
- Modesto Junior College has been serving motivated students of California's Central valley since 1921. As one of the leading community colleges in the state, Modesto Junior College offers a host of programs and courses in academic and vocational areas to prepare you for transfer to a four-year university or to enter the job market. Year after year, MJC graduates prove to be competitive students and employable professionals.
The teacher population of 337 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Modesto Junior College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||337 staff||145 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Alpha Gamma Sigma - Honor Society, Associated Students of MJC - Student body government, List of Student Clubs: http://www.mjc.edu/studentservices/sdncl/clubs, Phi Theta Kappa - Honor Society, Speech and Debate Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Choir, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Masterworks Chorus, MJC Community Orchestra, Off-Balance Dancers, Symphonic Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Baseball Team, Basketball Teams - Men and Women's Teams, Cross Country - Men's & Women's Teams, Football Team, Golf - Men's & Women's Teams, Soccer - Men's & Women's Teams, Softball Team, Swimming - Men's & Women's Teams, Tennis - Men's & Women's Team, Track & Field - Men's & Women's Teams, Volleyball Team, Waterpolo Teams - Men's & Women's Teams, Wrestling Team
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Modesto Junior College Community Education offers fully fee-funded, not-for-credit vocational classes and programs, and educational, recreational and cultural programs for all ages which lie beyond formalized classroom instruction to meet the needs and interests of the community through our regular Community Education classes, College for Kids and Teens, Older Adult Program, Modesto Institute for Continued Learning (MICL) and Educational Travel Program. Modesto Junior College, one of the oldest community colleges in the state, was organized in 1921 to serve the first junior college district established under a State Legislature Enabling Act. Modesto Junior College was established to meet the needs of the community. Today the college strives to maintain the same objective--that of dedication and service to the community. The Modesto Junior College East Campus is the colleges original and primary campus and is located at 435 College Avenue in Modesto, close to downtown. In addition to numerous large classroom buildings, it houses the Main Auditorium, Gymnasium, Stadium, Student Center, Morris Administration Building and MJC's main Library. The MJC East campus is served by several municipal bus lines and an inter-campus shuttle. Modesto Junior College is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and approved by the State Department of Education for training veterans. MJC is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant, alien students.
The nearest community college to Modesto Junior College is San Joaquin Valley College-Modesto (6.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 6.40 Mi5380 Pirrone Rd
Salida,  CA  95368
(209) 543-8800 6.40n/a
- 18,209 students | 29.20 Mi5151 Pacific Ave
Stockton,  CA  95207
(209) 954-5151 29.2018,209
- 367 students | 29.50 Mi1313 West Robinhood Drive, Ste. B
Stockton,  CA  95207
(209) 956-1240 29.50367
- 809 students | 30.00 Mi6650 Inglewood Ave
Stockton,  CA  95207
(209) 478-0800 30.00809
- 10,995 students | 36.60 Mi3600 M St
Merced,  CA  95348
(209) 384-6000 36.6010,995
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.