Modesto Junior College
- Modesto Junior College has been serving motivated students of California's Central valley since 1921. As one of the leading community colleges in the state, Modesto Junior College offers a host of programs and courses in academic and vocational areas to prepare you for transfer to a four-year university or to enter the job market. Year after year, MJC graduates prove to be competitive students and employable professionals.
- The teacher population of 337 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Modesto Junior College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||337 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||19,262 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||57:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,901 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||11,455 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,000||$34,600|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Alpha Gamma Sigma - Honor Society, Associated Students of MJC - Student body government, List of Student Clubs: http://www.mjc.edu/studentservices/sdncl/clubs, Phi Theta Kappa - Honor Society, Speech and Debate Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Choir, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Masterworks Chorus, MJC Community Orchestra, Off-Balance Dancers, Symphonic Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Baseball Team, Basketball Teams - Men and Women's Teams, Cross Country - Men's & Women's Teams, Football Team, Golf - Men's & Women's Teams, Soccer - Men's & Women's Teams, Softball Team, Swimming - Men's & Women's Teams, Tennis - Men's & Women's Team, Track & Field - Men's & Women's Teams, Volleyball Team, Waterpolo Teams - Men's & Women's Teams, Wrestling Team
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Modesto Junior College Community Education offers fully fee-funded, not-for-credit vocational classes and programs, and educational, recreational and cultural programs for all ages which lie beyond formalized classroom instruction to meet the needs and interests of the community through our regular Community Education classes, College for Kids and Teens, Older Adult Program, Modesto Institute for Continued Learning (MICL) and Educational Travel Program. Modesto Junior College, one of the oldest community colleges in the state, was organized in 1921 to serve the first junior college district established under a State Legislature Enabling Act. Modesto Junior College was established to meet the needs of the community. Today the college strives to maintain the same objective--that of dedication and service to the community. The Modesto Junior College East Campus is the colleges original and primary campus and is located at 435 College Avenue in Modesto, close to downtown. In addition to numerous large classroom buildings, it houses the Main Auditorium, Gymnasium, Stadium, Student Center, Morris Administration Building and MJC's main Library. The MJC East campus is served by several municipal bus lines and an inter-campus shuttle. Modesto Junior College is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and approved by the State Department of Education for training veterans. MJC is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant, alien students.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 429 students | 5.90 Mi5172 Kiernan Court
Salida,  CA  95368
- n/a students | 6.30 Mi5380 Pirrone Rd
Salida,  CA  95368
- 1,025 students | 28.50 Mi1605 E March Ln
Stockton,  CA  95210
- 18,572 students | 29.00 Mi5151 Pacific Ave
Stockton,  CA  95207
- 549 students | 29.30 Mi1313 W. Robinhood Drive, Suite B
Stockton,  CA  95207
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.