Modesto Junior College
- Modesto Junior College has been serving motivated students of California's Central valley since 1921. As one of the leading community colleges in the state, Modesto Junior College offers a host of programs and courses in academic and vocational areas to prepare you for transfer to a four-year university or to enter the job market. Year after year, MJC graduates prove to be competitive students and employable professionals.
The teacher population of 337 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Modesto Junior College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||337 staff||149 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Alpha Gamma Sigma - Honor Society, Associated Students of MJC - Student body government, List of Student Clubs: http://www.mjc.edu/studentservices/sdncl/clubs, Phi Theta Kappa - Honor Society, Speech and Debate Team
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Choir, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Masterworks Chorus, MJC Community Orchestra, Off-Balance Dancers, Symphonic Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Baseball Team, Basketball Teams - Men and Women's Teams, Cross Country - Men's & Women's Teams, Football Team, Golf - Men's & Women's Teams, Soccer - Men's & Women's Teams, Softball Team, Swimming - Men's & Women's Teams, Tennis - Men's & Women's Team, Track & Field - Men's & Women's Teams, Volleyball Team, Waterpolo Teams - Men's & Women's Teams, Wrestling Team
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Modesto Junior College Community Education offers fully fee-funded, not-for-credit vocational classes and programs, and educational, recreational and cultural programs for all ages which lie beyond formalized classroom instruction to meet the needs and interests of the community through our regular Community Education classes, College for Kids and Teens, Older Adult Program, Modesto Institute for Continued Learning (MICL) and Educational Travel Program. Modesto Junior College, one of the oldest community colleges in the state, was organized in 1921 to serve the first junior college district established under a State Legislature Enabling Act. Modesto Junior College was established to meet the needs of the community. Today the college strives to maintain the same objective--that of dedication and service to the community. The Modesto Junior College East Campus is the colleges original and primary campus and is located at 435 College Avenue in Modesto, close to downtown. In addition to numerous large classroom buildings, it houses the Main Auditorium, Gymnasium, Stadium, Student Center, Morris Administration Building and MJC's main Library. The MJC East campus is served by several municipal bus lines and an inter-campus shuttle. Modesto Junior College is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and approved by the State Department of Education for training veterans. MJC is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant, alien students.
The nearest community college to Modesto Junior College is San Joaquin Valley College-Modesto (6.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 257 students | 6.40 Mi5380 Pirrone Rd
Salida, CA 95368
(209) 543-8800 6.40257
- 18,209 students | 29.20 Mi5151 Pacific Ave
Stockton, CA 95207
(209) 954-5151 29.2018,209
- 367 students | 29.50 Mi1313 West Robinhood Drive, Ste. B
Stockton, CA 95207
(209) 956-1240 29.50367
- 809 students | 30.00 Mi6650 Inglewood Ave
Stockton, CA 95207
(209) 478-0800 30.00809
- 10,995 students | 36.60 Mi3600 M St
Merced, CA 95348
(209) 384-6000 36.6010,995
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?